• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Is it possible to floor yourself without drugs?

james125

Greenlighter
Floored- The feeling when you have taking too much MDMA and you just have to sit down and vegetate. (At least that's my definition) Is it possible for your body to produce too much serotonin without drugs and do the same? For instance if you had a really good day?

Idk about floored, lol. I doubt it. But obviously, we all experience "natural" euphoria so if something really really great and otherwordly happened, then it's possible to faint and/or be overwhelmed with extreme euphoria. Then you might be on the floor. :)

And this probably belongs to MED, but whatev.

Not for me - meditation doesn't make you feel anything like MDMA.

This thread title describes my night quite accurately in the literal sense. Hours ago I drank wine then proceeded to injest 50 milligrams of mxe. Laying on this frozen wooden floor staring at the ceiling fan spinning from below. Quite refreshing. Everyone is due for a good flooring every now and again. Meditation would be the only way without drugs in my experience.

it is possible with meditation/obe lucid dreaming etc.....have you noticed that a dream can feel just as real as real life? I've lucid dreamed that i was rolling....and while very different....it was on par...and i can see how if one was really disciplined at such pursuits its doable.

supposedly what buhdists attain through meditation is on the level. but i have no first hand experience with that but i can see how its possible.

Trouble is it's like any far-fetched claim from Uri Geller onwards - the idea that something doesn't work but if you keep doing it for 60 years it might work is just pie in the sky to me. If something works then you can usually tell within a week or two. Meditation doesn't work for me.

Some things are worth working towards. The harder the task the greater the reward. Meditation is not for the faint of heart. I am very sorry that meditation does not work for you. It's a spiritual thing you aren't going to physically feel anything in the sense you seem to be implying. I mean you can, totally possible. Not sure what to say about the whole sixty years pie in the sky bit. We all see things differently.

Orgasms? Good sex can leave you flat on your back unable to do much other than experience the afterglow, totally 'in the moment'.

western endurance athletes report similar phenomenons such as "bonking", "second wind", and hallucinations.

Trouble is it's like any far-fetched claim from Uri Geller onwards - the idea that something doesn't work but if you keep doing it for 60 years it might work is just pie in the sky to me. If something works then you can usually tell within a week or two. Meditation doesn't work for me.

I tried to play the piano for a week and I couldnt, does that mean nobody can play the piano? meditation can get you into some extremely altered states and out of body experiences, many people have corroborated this.

there no limit to how mindfulness and meditation can help you.
drugs, well, like everything else, its only a temporary release, nothing you can build upon day after day.
when you do get concentrated in meditation, it becomes very evident that meditation brings much more pure state of mind then any drugs.
but you need to know what to do and it may take a while until you see result, but once you do, youll understand that this is what you were looking for with drugs.

A really good orgasm is the closest thing to MDMA for me. For people who have never tried it, I often describe MDMA as being somewhat akin to a 6 hour orgasm.

I've actually gotten there with meditation, I can on occasion open my serotonin floodgates and feel amazing, not quite to the point of not being able to move, but to the point of not wanting to. My old yogi told me that in his deepest states of meditation, even if a fire were burning in his lap, he could continue to meditate, because he had total control over his biofeedback for one, but he was totally in another place, and this world didn't matter. I assume this state may feel kinda similar to what you describe.

I tried to play the piano for a week and I couldnt, does that mean nobody can play the piano? meditation can get you into some extremely altered states and out of body experiences, many people have corroborated this.

Indeed... it seems silly to insist that everyone who has experienced altered states from meditation is deluded or lying. Now to claim it's not the same as a trip, well, yes, I bet that's true. But it's clear based on the amount of personal experiences I have heard about that meditation can be deeply altering and profound. I get if you don't have the desire or will to dedicate the time and effort required to get there - I don't either at this time. No one's saying it takes 60 years, but it's obvious that such a discipline would take time and skill. Good analogy on the piano... to get good at the piano I had to have 11 years of classical training, earlier in my life, and by the end I found myself quite accomplished in ways I couldn't have imagined earlier on. Now, 12 years after I stopped, I am getting back into it and it's taking a lot of work again to get back there. Sometimes things in life take a lot of time and dedication, it doesn't mean they don't exist.

The closest feeling I have to MDMA while sober would probably have to be listening to good music - though to a lesser extent no doubt - last time I did real MDMA, I was overwhelmed to the point of having mini-flashbacks for the next two days...

Not the same thing - after 2 days on the guitar I will be better than I was 2 days ago. And I will be massively better within a month. That's not the same thing as spending 50 years hoping meditation works.

Many people have corroborated being abducted by aliens too - I prefer going on my own direct experience than other peoples religious beliefs. There is something utterly and absolutely unique about the psychedelic state that you can never come anywhere remotely near without taking a psychedelic drug. That's my experience which I tend to believe more than strangers claims to the contrary supporting their religion.

Indeed... it seems silly to insist that everyone who has experienced altered states from meditation is deluded or lying. Now to claim it's not the same as a trip, well, yes, I bet that's true.

There's a big difference between a trip and "not the same as a trip" tho.

Last edited: