• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Is it possible to do a quick sub taper with sub tabs

Oxyleo25

Greenlighter
After being in oxy since 2013 for chronic pain, I’ve let my tolerance get out of control. I would really like to try and do a quick taper but can only get the tabs (8mg & 2mg). Could anyone help me with a taper plan but with the tabs. Thanks

Start with whatever you need to feel right, cut it in half every day till you hit .5-.25 mg a day then switch to every other day then finally finish off with a couple days of kratom, most painless way Iv found

I have read some studies for a quick sub taper for heroin and other full agonist on google .Docs here usually do a quick taper too.Like 5 days to 10 days .Unless one decided to stay on a maintenance .I have done it for my H withdrawal in 7 days with no major withdrawal symptoms except feeling a little cold and lost of appetite.Its the psycholoical part that alaways gets me back to doing it.my last dose was a quarter of 2mg tablet.
Its definitely possible and the worst of the acute withdrawal will be gone. But i think your tolerance will be the most important factor.Bupe is very potent tho.. no matter how high my tolerance is 2mg was always enough to keep major withdrawal symptoms at bay.And when i had a mild H tolerance 2mg is more than enough for me.Im 5,7 asian 59kg

When I was the 8/2 pills, I detoxed with minimal withdrawal. This was brand name stop signs before they switched to the strips. Than years later after being on the Methadone I went back on the subs. These strips are way more addicting than the pills. I've tried to detox but the mental part and external stressors always stopped my detox. I've been on the brand name strips for about a decade. I hate it. I'm so used to these things that I feel normal on them but I know I need to get off them.
I don't trust the healthcare system anymore either not that I ever did totally. Bandages for profit nothing more.

Start with whatever you need to feel right, cut it in half every day till you hit .5-.25 mg a day then switch to every other day then finally finish off with a couple days of kratom, most painless way Iv found
I only have access to the tablets and I’m unsure on how to do about splitting them up to dose accordingly. Am I safe to just cut the tabs up into halves and quarters? So if I had a 2mg tab, if cut into quarters would I then have 0.5mg in each quarter? Would I then split that quarter to get 0.25mg and that would be the least amount before I jump off on day 7? Sorry if this doesn’t make sense…,def need guidance

When I was the 8/2 pills, I detoxed with minimal withdrawal. This was brand name stop signs before they switched to the strips. Than years later after being on the Methadone I went back on the subs. These strips are way more addicting than the pills. I've tried to detox but the mental part and external stressors always stopped my detox. I've been on the brand name strips for about a decade. I hate it. I'm so used to these things that I feel normal on them but I know I need to get off them.
I don't trust the healthcare system anymore either not that I ever did totally. Bandages for profit nothing more.
Are u in the UK? I can only get 8 or 2mg sub tabs off my source. I don’t want to involve my doctor or drug services to keep it off my records. My goal is to try and have a break so i can reset my tolerance and try and get my dosage lower.

I have read some studies for a quick sub taper for heroin and other full agonist on google .Docs here usually do a quick taper too.Like 5 days to 10 days .Unless one decided to stay on a maintenance .I have done it for my H withdrawal in 7 days with no major withdrawal symptoms except feeling a little cold and lost of appetite.Its the psycholoical part that alaways gets me back to doing it.my last dose was a quarter of 2mg tablet.
Its definitely possible and the worst of the acute withdrawal will be gone. But i think your tolerance will be the most important factor.Bupe is very potent tho.. no matter how high my tolerance is 2mg was always enough to keep major withdrawal symptoms at bay.And when i had a mild H tolerance 2mg is more than enough for me.Im 5,7 asian 59kg
I’m not sure how to proceed on tablets as all the guides I’ve been given involved the film where it could be cut up into smaller doses. I’m assuming I’m ok just to cut up the tab form?

I only have access to the tablets and I’m unsure on how to do about splitting them up to dose accordingly. Am I safe to just cut the tabs up into halves and quarters? So if I had a 2mg tab, if cut into quarters would I then have 0.5mg in each quarter? Would I then split that quarter to get 0.25mg and that would be the least amount before I jump off on day 7? Sorry if this doesn’t make sense…,def need guidance
I have strips, what I do is dissolve a 8mg strip in 80ml of water, so every 10ml is 1mg of bupe, then get a baby medicine syringe and dose the water under your tongue accordingly, so if you need .5mg you put 5ml solution, I imagine the pills can be dissolved in water too

Yes of course you can cut them. But volumetric dosing would be more accurate once you get to 0.5mg (as veghost grower explained)

Are u in the UK? I can only get 8 or 2mg sub tabs off my source. I don’t want to involve my doctor or drug services to keep it off my records. My goal is to try and have a break so i can reset my tolerance and try and get my dosage lower.
USSA and in a bad living situation. High stressors in multiple ways. In this environment I can't detox and if a miracle from God happens , I'm leaving this state and my past behind with it.

I have strips, what I do is dissolve a 8mg strip in 80ml of water, so every 10ml is 1mg of bupe, then get a baby medicine syringe and dose the water under your tongue accordingly, so if you need .5mg you put 5ml solution, I imagine the pills can be dissolved in water too

This is exactly what I came here to say. I'm a big fan of the volumetric method. Not only can you accurately control the dosage of Buprenorphine, you can induct on increments so miniscule that if you fuck up, the precipitated withdrawal will be manageable and brief. For years and years, the option was basically to go into withdrawal then wait to be dosed with 8mg Buprenorphine whenever you and the doctor agreed you were ready. This leaves people with the option of either feeling great or being in an indescribable hell and this is an unnecessary consequence considering how easy volumetric dosing is.

I believe it's a practice that might seem kind of "out there" for new people. It might seem complicated or "too medical" but once you've done it for yourself once, you will find it's so easy a child could do it. If you have any questions regarding the procedure or tricks that we use hit either myself or @Las Veghost grower and I'm sure we can help you out.

Ideally, I would wait 48-72 hours then start inducting with increments as small as .1mg Buprenorphine. Sit and be mindful for the 15 minutes following the induction. If it's not the right time, you will feel a steady rise of tension and heat emanating from your chest, often with some palpitations. If this occurs, wait at least a couple of hours and then try again when you feel it's appropriate.

You mentioned that you have a large habit. You might help better-ensure your success by looking into some comfort medications to get you through those couple of days before induction. We have a ton of information already here on Bluelight, but if you have any questions in that regard, happy to help.