• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Is it possible to "completely" bring your tolerance down?

frankmilton

Greenlighter
I was wondering if it is possible to bring your tolerance down to the point where it feels like youre smoking for the first time again.

I really miss smoking weed back in my high school days, which was 3 - 5 years ago, when it used to feel so much more fun than now, where i just feel stoned and get a lot less euhpria than back then.

Im currently on month 2.5 of abstinence and i plan on staying away from weed as long as i can, but when i do go back to smoking, im hoping that i could get the feeling back, that i talked about above.

Do you think its possible?

Every tolerance break i took in the past brought my tolerance down, but it never really brought that "magic" back. Plus, the tolerance usually shot back up after a few days of smoking as well.

Yes you can completely bring your tolerance down, but you cannot erase the memory of what it's like to be high, and thats the difference. Just knowing what to expect affects the high

Yes you can completely bring your tolerance down, but you cannot erase the memory of what it's like to be high, and thats the difference. Just knowing what to expect affects the high

It's like this.

I've had a moderate and high tolerance from smoking cannabis; but even when I had stopped for years at a time and then started again I had no tolerance; but it was not akin to getting high for the first time.

I first started smoking what was or is called mid-grade, and schwag with the seeds was common too so the high was not nearly as psychedelic as excellent quality hash and herb is, and when I first smoked those I had psychedelic experiences from them, and even though when I would smoke or vape when I had a low tolerance or none at all I would get a psychedelic experience it was not as thought I had never tripped on THC before, but it was still very enjoyable.

Last edited:
i personally wouldn't want to bring my tolerance completely down at all :\. it's just, from what i've read here in CD is that those who stop for long can't get back into it due to how strong weed can become without any tolerance.

moderation is key.. i'd prefer to keep my tolerance not too high but high enough so that i don't have to endure the paranoia and tweaky way the high can become.

however, with bubble hash or rosin tech, i literally get high like a kid again for the fist time. slow-mo, cheesin' euphoria, eyes chinked, the works. i fell in love with hash at that moment <3

even a vaporizer for dry herbs can induce a really kick ass euphoria if that's what you're missing. it's just that overindulgence in these high concentrations of THC will murder the magic.. so..

moderation is key ;)

Last edited:
yeah I had a break of almost 2 years a while back, and after getting into smoking again, it definately wasn't the same as my first times (back then, tiny amounts gave me very very trippy effects).

Yes but your tolerance can build up really fast to what it was before.

To name my example, after taking a break from smoking 3-5 grams a day for years I'd only smoke 0.5 gram a night and be stoned out of my mind for 8-12 hours. I kept this on for months and barely felt the need to smoke more. However then 2 nights in a row I decided to smoke a gram each and since then 0.5 gram just doesn't do it for me anymore and I'm back to 1-1.5 gram a day again.

I agree with the other posters; I don't think that you can ever get that magic first time high again, I stopped smoking for half a year and although I didn't have a tolerance it still wasn't the same.

I have been 3 months sober now, but the longest break i took when i was using was about a month. It seemed that a month was long enough to bring the "tolerance" down close to zero, but the "magic" wasn't really there. Plus, the tolerance quickly went up after a few weeks of daily use.