• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Is it ok to take MDMA after consuming Tianeptine?

xtcgrrrl

Sr. Moderator: SLR
Staff member
Hi, I’m just curious about the interaction of these two substances. What if someone takes one of those little liquid bottles and then several hours later wants to take some MDMA? Any advice would be much appreciated.

This is a very interesting question.

First off, I think if you took the mdma several hours after the tianeptine it might work given that tianeptine has such a short half life.

It's possible though that the tianeptine still be in your system and it will compete with the mdma in binding to SERT.

I've just read on Wikipedia that tianeptine binds to the SERT at the same site as reuptake inhibitors although it actually enhance reuptake rather than blocking it.

Unless I'm mistaken this site is also where mdma binds (why SSRI's block the effects of mdma) so there could be some cross tolerance maybe?

Tianeptine doesn't enhance extracellular serotonin levels the way other tricyclics do so there should be no extra risk of serotonin syndrome so it shouldn't be a dangerous combination.

If you happen to test this please let us know how it goes I'm curious about this now.

I think at worst the mdma effect might be diminished some.

Tianeptine is sold in little liquid bottles?

The combo as described should be fine, tianeptine doesn't bind to the SERT (at least not in any relevant sense). Tianeptine may blunt the effects of the MDMA abit however, depending on the dose. Will probably most notably reduce some of the stimulating properties of MDMA by indirectly reducing norepinephrine release/transmission.

Tianeptine is sold in little liquid bottles?

The combo as described should be fine, tianeptine doesn't bind to the SERT (at least not in any relevant sense). Tianeptine may blunt the effects of the MDMA abit however, depending on the dose. Will probably most notably reduce some of the stimulating properties of MDMA by indirectly reducing norepinephrine release/transmission.

Yeah, they sell it in liquid form in small bottles, like how they sell certain kratom concentrates.