• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Is it normal to lose tolerance quickly with MDMA?

RollingStoner

Greenlighter
Hi everyone, firstly I am new to this site so apologies if I'm posting a new thread unnecessarily but I have questions about my specific experience and cant seem to find the answers on here.

I haven't been using MDMA long and I haven't had much. The first time ever was in July of this year at a music festival. I rolled pretty hard and it felt great but I don't know how much I took because I just bought it off of someone in the crowd. I took a pill the first day and it felt so good I decided to save the other three and take a pill and a half on day two (I split it with a friend). Once again i rolled pretty hard. However as i read more posts I am concerned that I'm not high for as long as most people, on day 1 I was really high for about 2.5 hours and day 2 it lasted almost three hours and that seemed normal but I've read about people being high for 6 hours.

After the festival I bought some because I fell in love. About three weeks later I took 150mg at a club and got really high but it only lasted about two hours. After that I waited 6 weeks and took 150mg last night at a club and I definitely got high but nowhere near as high as the first few times and it barely lasted 2 hours.

So to summarize my questions are: Is it normal to be high for that short amount of time? Should i take a higher dose next time? Is it normal to have such a reduced high after only a few small doses? Do I need to wait even longer between rolls or is 6 weeks okay? I'm going to see Flosstradamus in 7 weeks and i really want to roll nicely for the whole set (at least 3 hours) do i need to take a higher dose to get a good high in another 7 weeks? is there anyway to avoid having to take more and more?

Thank you for any help I can receive I really want to enjoy some nice MDMA experiences and was pretty disappointed last night when I didn't get very high so if experienced users have any advice it is greatly appreciated.

Your time betweenn the rolls is quite OK. It's very possible that you were not sold proper MDMA. Either more cut, thus resulting to smaller dose or even substance other than MDMA. MDMA is quite pricey where as some replacement substances are comparatively cheap and allow higher profit if sold as MDMA. bath salts BK-MDMA, etc... Get a testkit, that will give you if not absolute certainty, at least some confidence on what the substance is. Ref: I recall reading that of the amount of drugs confiscated as MDMA, the actual result of MDMA is less than 20%. Ie most of the stuff sold as MDMA is not actually MDMA.

And yeah, I've read about 6 hour highs. Never had those no matter what the dose (low, heavy) I've had. In my planning, I always calculate for 3 hours as the duration.

Thanks for the reply bla-ljus I'm starting to get the idea that the issue might be that I have poor quality/ not very pure mdma. It was my first time ever buying it and I trust the source but it's also possible the source doesnt realize the lack of potency of their product. Seriously considering getting a test kit but even if I do I still have to buy the stuff before I can test it so I will potentially end up wasting money on weak/impure stuff. Anyone have any idea how I can avoid this? I don't really have a lot of people I can go to to buy it i don't know many people who do it so trying out a bunch of dealers to find the best stuff will be very hard for me

It's definitely worth the effort to find a reliable source to buy from before the event, or even at least one who'll let you test before you buy. Back in the day if I was sourcing while at a club I would ask to buy one pill to test and if it was good I'd come back and buy more (I carried the little reagent bottle and a tiny ceramic plate in my bag which I know isn't exactly low key haha). If the person selling wasn't cool with that, no sale for them and no pills containing god knows what for me. Kind of a pain in the ass but it definitely saved me from some cruddy pills.

And of course pillreports is your friend :)

ime the duration of the main effects is three hours (unless you redose). if you count the coming up and coming down until you go to sleep you might get a total duration of 6h. but the effects are not going to be anywhere close to the peak of 3h the rest of the time.

i've found that most suppliers have absolutely no problem with you using a test kit before you buy (they either are convinced that what they sell is good or are genuinely curious if that's the case). to be honest no one has ever told me that i couldn't test before i buy.
but alas, even with a test kit you won't be able to identify weak stuff. the kits just give you an indication about what substances are present. if the test comes up yellow instead of purple/black then you know that there's no mdma inside and that the active ingredient of your "mdma" is probably some cathinone.

Reversed ecstasy tolerance?

The last few times I have taken ecstasy something very intriguing and annoying has occurred: One of the times I attended a party where I swallowed one ecstasy pill (tested) although I never truly 'came up', whilst my friend who had a pill from the same batch was clearly rolling (gurning, dilated pupils etc). While I was in no way up I did experience a nasty comedown of sorts, leaving me dissatisfied with the evening altogether. The following day I had another party, where I chose to drop a pill from the same batch again, only this time I came up hard. I had intense eye wiggles and was completely buzzed of the same pill, which the night before had no effect on me. As far as tolerance is concerned it had been at least 2 months before I last took ecstasy. The exact same thing occurred only recently at a music festival, on the first evening I dropped a pill and felt very little (while all my friends were having a great time) but the night after that I dropped another pill (from the exact same batch) and was truly rolling and having a great time, dancing until 7am, while my friends all experienced a depletion in effects the second time around.
My main concern is that I have a big music event a week from now and plan on taking ecstasy, silver bars tested at around 210mg. What I don't want is to drop the pill and feel very little effects while my friends have a great time. Based on my last two experiences with ecstasy, would it be wise to consume say half a pill a day or so before? As the last times I dropped two nights in a row the second night was always amazing whilst I felt nothing on the first. Has anyone else experienced this? (I haven't taken ecstasy for roughly two months)
Thanks

that's very curious. the best explanation i can think of is that you got pills with a large spread i.e. with widely varying mdma contents in the same batch. while you may have gotten a rather weak pill the first time around (which wasn't enough to produce tolerance) your friends did experience tolerance, making their roll on the second day weaker while you got the full effects (with a pill that's stronger than the one the day before.
of course that's all conjecture, but we have been seeing some test results of pills with widely varying mdma contents (sometimes one pill has nearly double the mdma as the last one from the same batch), so it's a possibilty. of course you'd have to be pretty unlucky to have that happening to you multiple times in a row, so there might be a better explanation if the same pattern of only getting a satisfactory roll the second day did indeed occur "a few times".

Thanks for the info Black. The pills were all well sourced and had heard great things about the batch from other friends so I don't think they were underdosed. I wondered if it was the case of having not dropped for a while meaning my body didn't know what to 'do' with the ecstasy, until I already have some in my system (from the night before). Similar to the way in which many marijuana users don't feel high the first time they smoke. Could anyone validate this theory?

Thanks for the info Black. The pills were all well sourced and had heard great things about the batch from other friends so I don't think they were underdosed. I wondered if it was the case of having not dropped for a while meaning my body didn't know what to 'do' with the ecstasy, until I already have some in my system (from the night before). Similar to the way in which many marijuana users don't feel high the first time they smoke. Could anyone validate this theory?
No.