• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Is it normal to feel the high only after coughing

Patrickforsterter

Bluelighter
So I've been smoking a while and noticed my boys don't cough as much as me and i always feel stupid due i have to cough my guts up after every couple drags otherwise i get horrible dry throat but when I cough it lets my chest clear most of the phlegm away i think but also when I cough I always feel the high start to come on it i wait and don't cough for 10 minutes i won't feel much of the high until I cough up the phlegm shit i was just wondering if this is common it's no big deal really I've just always wondered.

Er, no. If you're coughing you're either taking too big a hit, the weed isn't cured properly or its contaminated with chemicals and/or other substances. Take it easy and enjoy. You don't have to cough to get high...

Yes but bro if it's contaminated or whatever how come my mates who are sharing the exact same spliff don't cough I appreciate your thought but I don't think it's that I've always been like it when smoking weed?

Stop smoking with your bros. Take it easy like FUBAR said. Use periods when you type.

I always cough when papers or tobacco is involved. Not so much when I'm just smoking a bowl.

Same^ unless it's a fat bowl I have come up with the assumption I am sensitive to tobacco and weed mix in a spliff and what the guy above said is right to I think I just need to take my time with them.

Same^ unless it's a fat bowl I have come up with the assumption I am sensitive to tobacco and weed mix in a spliff and what the guy above said is right to I think I just need to take my time with them.

Everyone is different mate. I only cough with neat spliffs and bongs. Tobacco joints are no problem - especially with hash. Just because your mates aren't experiencing the same issue doesn't mean that there's something wrong with you. Don't succumb to peer pressure and just do what feels right for you. It's not a competition...

Maybe you are taking hits that are too big for your tolerance. You could try packing a smaller bowl and you might not cough and get lit. Your friends might smoke more often and therefore tolerate much larger rips due to tolerance. Mine are becoming ridiculous. Salivary stuff is norma I think CB2 receptors are therel I was reading about that in a research paper but if you cough it isn't as good as a nice smooth heavy rip so find the sweet spot it's probably like 3 quarters of what you hit.

I cough with a vaporizer (and no it's not combusting lol, THC is a respiratory irritant) so.......

The saying, "If you ain't chok8ing, you ain't toking!" is bs. It's the lack o8f oxygen to your brain while coughing, combined with the high, that makes you feel higher, but th8at's not necessarily a good thing. Your brain kind of requires oxygen.