• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants Is it important to acetone wash methamphetamine?

JohnBoy2000

Bluelighter
Regular amphetamine, washing is critical.

But meth, it comes in shards and powder.

Would the shards be considered pure'ish?
For washing do you have to grind them up?

Important to wash meth in general?

It is vital to wash meth if you are injecting it.

It is prudent to at least wash any meth from a new batch or source no matter what your ROA. Since you can never really be certain where a baggie originated its really a good idea to wash it all. From adding the meth to the acetone to having the clean dried product can be as quick as 12-15 minutes if you really know what you are doing.

A large shard or rock is no gaurantee of meth purity. Neither is crystal shape, density, or opacity. Most of the low quality cut meth I have come across was large crystals that had beem ‘re-rocked’ with the cutting agent MSM. Sometimes by as much as 30 % MSM as estimated by the weight lost after cleaning.

To acetone wash meth it must first be ground into the finest powder you can manage.

Acetone wash will be done correctly. Somebody I know wasted a shitload of meth by "washing" and then cooking to accelerate evaporation. I dont need to talk about tue dangers here I guess, she was lucky by using an electric stove but then got powder amd threw it away. Of course possibly was it impure but crystals need time and patience to grow.

But stay with normal d-amph @JohnBoy2000 , the meth will be initially euphoric and after a few days you need it to avoid depression.

This reply is for most anyone and not directly meant to imply anyone specifically in this or any thread.

Good rule of thumb in my area these days, as follows, if the shard is just obviously large, think this looks bigger than back when crank first turned to crystal in most places years ago, if your answer is yes, continue, next can you rather easily crumble crush etc , between ya finger and thumb with minimal, sometimes little to no pressure? then 9 out of 10 times what you have is shit. Most likely ISO, if your IV'ing it, the initial rush, can quite often feel rather nice (stimulant-ish rush in nature) that's all ya getting though & its over quickly, now you get to enjoy the effects of having IV'd a non-energy producing, non-euphoric, but completely full of all the shitty effects of a bad stimulant on your cardiovascular system, for while to be honest. Recommended that if this seems to describe some of yall's experiences, now would be the right time to start benzodiazepine dosages of any sort, its your safest way back.
MSM can be quiet easily removed for the older more "educated in the arts" user. Remember that shit acetone ya'll probably bought from a hardware store has H2O in it and some Epsom salt will be needed to help pull the moisture out, most already know this and if ya wonder how long to leave it before ya acetone is as good as ya need, well you (meaning, anyone in general) obviously have never done this AT ALL. Here's a tip, leave it alone for days, just trust me. (I realize there's a much quicker way).
This however is for the "newbie cleaner" I'm dumbing it down, of course assuming most will already have been up a few days when they get on this site and start wondering why the shit they have doesn't seem to be as good as it was on day one, never realizing until much (more often...MUCH) later in their drug use careers that you can not keep doing it day in & out. You can, we all did, but not eating or sleeping, maybe drinking water, probably energy drinks or some shit, they dont realize you can NEVER expect anything to provide the day one enjoyment no matter how much you waste trying.
It's during this time they'll find this site, and think, "That's what's up, I found the answer...lol..I just gotta clean it. Despite not realizing it was obviously good enough to keep ya up for days giving ya body no food or sleep, and that's when they'll take that bag sitting beside them, head to the store....wait for it...that's right, and lose all their junk. (I'm not laughing...much, lol, I just remember way back how all of us sort of progress more or less the same way through all the various degrees of usage...until we either die, learn the best ways of how to care for yourself correctly if you are going to do it, or become completely shot out to the point you can no longer care for yourself (that outcome sadly can be combined with being behind bars for a long time, mainly because you never learn that sometimes you just don't need to be out in public after being in the woods for 8 nights, then walking in Walmart at 3am with ya flashlight LED still strapped to ya head, standing there looking at all the cans of spray paint...
Crazy that a security or law enforcement officer would ever want walk up and see what on god's good earth is this delightful young person up to? All this is just to drive home the point, stay where it's cool, once your no longer cool, and while i realize in their early days of usage this invisible line is basically non existent, most of us that's been around know pretty much exactly when that point is, yes we can all still slip, but being older with no probation or warrants or cases hanging over you and a good job, maybe ya woman, etc, we don't even want to be put in those (while funny to talk about) but stupid ass unnecessary situations AT ALL ANYMORE...Peace to all of you out there just trying to enjoy the day...its all ya got.

This is such a great reply. Made me chuckle (and appropriately sad in the right places). I better go get my meth out of the washing machine… that was where I was at one point!

It is vital to wash meth if you are injecting it.

It is prudent to at least wash any meth from a new batch or source no matter what your ROA. Since you can never really be certain where a baggie originated its really a good idea to wash it all. From adding the meth to the acetone to having the clean dried product can be as quick as 12-15 minutes if you really know what you are doing.

A large shard or rock is no gaurantee of meth purity. Neither is crystal shape, density, or opacity. Most of the low quality cut meth I have come across was large crystals that had beem ‘re-rocked’ with the cutting agent MSM. Sometimes by as much as 30 % MSM as estimated by the weight lost after cleaning.

To acetone wash meth it must first be ground into the finest powder you can manage.
The press test is a tried and true. SOMEONE I ONCE MET (SIOM) Suggests that pressing the Ice between two fingers checking the hardness. Like it was mentioned before it show not break into 1000s of tiny pieces. It’s not going to crumble up if it does, it’s that Ice SIOM has in several bags of various weights and wasted time and money. SIOM and his girl friend can’t seem to find anything good in Jacksonville Florida. I thought that SOIM could of been spun off the Legendary Florida shards. This apparently is not the case but we still have hope. So questiosn are do they use acetone to wash this crappy dope has anyone you know who may of once mentioned how you can fix this stuff. It’s really not even in the same league. Okay someone I never met said I find that the gabapentin I take in the morning with a cup of coffee has more kick in this week ass Florida shit.

A sad tweaker with several years of the real snorkel in Walmart with snow boots and a shirt that say 10 and 2 crew thinks that if they want to make weak ice like diet dope then atleast could put a shard in each bag for us ogs. ☠️ It’s hard to teach my lady how to work a pipe falling asleep at 1025pm help!!!!!

if it looks truly like shards, then acetone should clean it pretty well. the more like glass it looks, the worse it is, and acetone alone won't fix this. it is often suspected to be n-isopropylbenzylamine, but whatever it is can cocrystallize with meth. dual solvent recrystallization works best, but it still has to be done a few times to fully separate everything. i think i may have found a way to get better results, but i'm not done testing it, and it's more of an art than a science

Even the purest meth can appear as vastly different crystal forms. Temperature and pressure and important variables in crystal formation. Different synthesis routes, different production scale, different equipment, different geography… and a dozen other things can produce near pure meth crystals that look completely different and with totally dissimilar physical properties.

generally the best stuff i have tried is more opaque, spikey / chaotic, and difficult to break. it seems like that is the most common crystal from stuff produced in standard conditions. i would still test how it behaves in an oil burner if it's clear, but that has been a pretty consistently bad sign in my experience. a dead giveaway is small rectangular prisms within an otherwise normal meth crystal that break clean with straight edges. the taste of the vapor is really nasty. if you dont want to recrystallize, your best bet is to melt it down at least 3-5 times and blow out any vapor (ideally into an air filter) that forms by the time it all melts

if it looks truly like shards, then acetone should clean it pretty well. the more like glass it looks, the worse it is, and acetone alone won't fix this. it is often suspected to be n-isopropylbenzylamine, but whatever it is can cocrystallize with meth. dual solvent recrystallization works best, but it still has to be done a few times to fully separate everything. i think i may have found a way to get better results, but i'm not done testing it, and it's more of an art than a science
There has not been a sample of methamphetamine sent in for testing that had isopropylbenzylamine in it for several years, with the exception of one single capsule found in Zurich, Switzerland.

If you go to drugsdata.org and do a search, you're going to find a bunch of ketamine that has n-ISO, but no meth.

n-ISO in meth is a myth.

There has not been a sample of methamphetamine sent in for testing that had isopropylbenzylamine in it for several years, with the exception of one single capsule found in Zurich, Switzerland.

If you go to drugsdata.org and do a search, you're going to find a bunch of ketamine that has n-ISO, but no meth.

n-ISO in meth is a myth.

several years isn't what it used to be. i would agree that it has been a bit cleaner on average lately. but as long as people think it's clean, most people won't send it in for testing to begin with. 5% n-iso / 94% meth would not seem like it was cut at all, but it probably would be worse for the heart. considering how structurally similar it is to meth, i still wouldn't rule out the possibility. it has the same chemical formula and molar mass, so if i am understanding correctly, it is technically a chain isomer of meth. i could see it being difficult to discern the two even with the proper tests

toxics-10-00710-g001.png

N-isopropylbenzylamine

it could be some other benzylamine i experienced, but the point is, i dont want it in my or anyone else's meth, whatever it is. maybe the reason it never shows up in those tests is because people started catching on and raising awareness about it. i'm sure it seemed like a genius idea at first, to sell it as meth, but any dealer that tried it probably started losing customers very quickly. some of them might not have been able to afford a new batch until they sold it, so they had to come up with ways to dump it on people. sell it on the deep web as a new vendor. buy a small amount of meth to dilute the n-iso, sell some, and then repeat but with a slightly higher meth:iso ratio. that's what it seemed like they were doing in 2020. there were a lot of really cheap deals on the deep web that you usually wouldn't see. i think they were just trying to get rid of it which is why it seemed like such a huge problem at that point in time. it could have also been part of the depopulation agenda along with the covid stuff. or a plot to convince people to quit meth. it definitely helped me learn a bit of chemistry.
These days, i would agree that it is less common, but i bring attention to it because it seems a bit more dangerous than other things you find in meth, and if we dont hold chemists to a high standard, they will try to pull the 95%:5% scheme. i may not know exactly what it is they are adding in, but i can tell whether it has been added or not.
the bottom line is, whatever chemical they sometimes co crystallize with meth, which results in a weaker (but often larger) crystal, and cannot be cleaned out with acetone, fuck that shit, that shit sucks, and i hate it. it will make you think ur having a heart attack before you can stay up for one night. it also hurts more to snort. it has a lot of side effects that meth shouldn't. i've stayed up 5-7 days on glass from the hood and still been in better condition than just a weekend on 2020 deepweb ice. the best thing biden has done for this country is bring in more and better quality meth. thank you, joe!

Melt it down?
like, if you're smoking it i mean. if it seems like what people describe n-iso to be like, i find it can help to basically heat the bowl as if to take a hit, let it fully melt and give off some vapor, and then just blow the vapor out of the pipe, preferably into an air purifyer or vent. after doing that a few times some of the benzylamine or whatever it is burns off, and so it detracts less from the effects of the meth. i started doing this because i noticed certain batches would actually get better tasting and cleaner feeling the closer i got to finishing the bowl, assuming i didn't burn the meth. usually it would taste nastier as the number of burnt molecules accumulates. if it solidifies in the bowl with a consistent texture instead of 2 different chemicals with a different melting point, you can skip this whole process. it's just if the cut burns off faster than the meth vaporizes

Regular amphetamine, washing is critical.

But meth, it comes in shards and powder.

Would the shards be considered pure'ish?
For washing do you have to grind them up?

Important to wash meth in general?
I’d say depends on quality quick answer is yea and no yes crush if
You’re washing and no I wouldn’t consider charge parish they should be but more than likely they’re not look for the cracks and faults in the crystal to be going in the same direction. Look for a slightly hazy color. If you drop small piece in bleach, you should see a reaction she start bouncing around. This will tell you that you at least have real product.

Washing is not necessary if you get good gear.
the very best meth you have been able to get in Australia over the last three or four years at the ounce level has never been more than around +_/- 95% pure. Even this quality will lose a couple of % points of weight in an acetone wash. academic and law enforcement lab reports consistently indicate that all illicit meth contains manufacturing residues of kinds in the _+/- 5 %.

If I was still injecting it (thankfully not for years now) I’d clean out 5 % every time for sure.

The press test is a tried and true. SOMEONE I ONCE MET (SIOM) Suggests that pressing the Ice between two fingers checking the hardness. Like it was mentioned before it show not break into 1000s of tiny pieces. It’s not going to crumble up if it does, it’s that Ice SIOM has in several bags of various weights and wasted time and money. SIOM and his girl friend can’t seem to find anything good in Jacksonville Florida. I thought that SOIM could of been spun off the Legendary Florida shards. This apparently is not the case but we still have hope. So questiosn are do they use acetone to wash this crappy dope has anyone you know who may of once mentioned how you can fix this stuff. It’s really not even in the same league. Okay someone I never met said I find that the gabapentin I take in the morning with a cup of coffee has more kick in this week ass Florida shit.

A sad tweaker with several years of the real snorkel in Walmart with snow boots and a shirt that say 10 and 2 crew thinks that if they want to make weak ice like diet dope then atleast could put a shard in each bag for us ogs. ☠️ It’s hard to teach my lady how to work a pipe falling asleep at 1025pm help!!!!!
ROTFL! Sorry Jacksonville Florida it's the same week crap in Indiana. I agree throw a real chunk or two in the bag for the OGs like we used to get a toy in the bottom of a cereal box! I don't know about out there but the stuff we used to make in bottles blew what I've seen lately out of the water I've been considering going back to the old ways.. I don't think I'm that brave though

several years isn't what it used to be. i would agree that it has been a bit cleaner on average lately. but as long as people think it's clean, most people won't send it in for testing to begin with. 5% n-iso / 94% meth would not seem like it was cut at all, but it probably would be worse for the heart. considering how structurally similar it is to meth, i still wouldn't rule out the possibility. it has the same chemical formula and molar mass, so if i am understanding correctly, it is technically a chain isomer of meth. i could see it being difficult to discern the two even with the proper tests

toxics-10-00710-g001.png

N-isopropylbenzylamine

it could be some other benzylamine i experienced, but the point is, i dont want it in my or anyone else's meth, whatever it is. maybe the reason it never shows up in those tests is because people started catching on and raising awareness about it. i'm sure it seemed like a genius idea at first, to sell it as meth, but any dealer that tried it probably started losing customers very quickly. some of them might not have been able to afford a new batch until they sold it, so they had to come up with ways to dump it on people. sell it on the deep web as a new vendor. buy a small amount of meth to dilute the n-iso, sell some, and then repeat but with a slightly higher meth:iso ratio. that's what it seemed like they were doing in 2020. there were a lot of really cheap deals on the deep web that you usually wouldn't see. i think they were just trying to get rid of it which is why it seemed like such a huge problem at that point in time. it could have also been part of the depopulation agenda along with the covid stuff. or a plot to convince people to quit meth. it definitely helped me learn a bit of chemistry.
These days, i would agree that it is less common, but i bring attention to it because it seems a bit more dangerous than other things you find in meth, and if we dont hold chemists to a high standard, they will try to pull the 95%:5% scheme. i may not know exactly what it is they are adding in, but i can tell whether it has been added or not.
the bottom line is, whatever chemical they sometimes co crystallize with meth, which results in a weaker (but often larger) crystal, and cannot be cleaned out with acetone, fuck that shit, that shit sucks, and i hate it. it will make you think ur having a heart attack before you can stay up for one night. it also hurts more to snort. it has a lot of side effects that meth shouldn't. i've stayed up 5-7 days on glass from the hood and still been in better condition than just a weekend on 2020 deepweb ice. the best thing biden has done for this country is bring in more and better quality meth. thank you, joe!
Wish President Biden would send some good dope my way!!!