• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Is it better to take good speed over 2-fma or is the latter still cleaner/less sides?

deruyityn

Bluelighter
Note that the main criteria is not 'a good high' but rather being less bad for me mentally/physically and the comedown effects. I mean I know normal speed is alot stronger but will the comedown still be alot worse even on a low dose vs 2-fma?

I have a very weak mental disposition these days so could not handle a full on amphetamine comedown without disastrous consequences so that must be borne in mind given subsequent recomendations.

I used to take street speed but swore myself never to take it again due to the horrendous comedown which would last like a week or more. Then again I was taking large recreational doses and never weighed my doses back then so that was surely a factor but I have read the consensus even from ADD ppl who are prescribed it that dexedrine has alot more side effects than the flouroamps.

Having said that though it would be more comfortable taking a well studied drug with a long history. But it is whether I found a way to manage that comedown to an acceptable level.
2-fa/fma were very manageable but speed was the worst. I never tried pure pharma grade stuff tho only cheap as dirt uk amphetamine paste/putty. So it is hard to say how much the negative effects were related to the poor quality.
Thoughts?

Also in terms of duration 2-fma lasts about the same as normal amp right? both being a long duration whereas I know 2-fa is shorter. As such, since I prefer short duration drugs but 2-fa is gone the way of the dodo for now it made me wonder if why not just take normal amp.

But that is why I am asking those who have experience with high quality unadulterated amp how it would compare in terms of comedown/side effects to 2-fma since I have no basis for comparison from my own experience on that matter.

Last edited:
We don't know enough about 2-FMA to really say, I think, but it shouldn't be too bad of an assumption in your consideration to take them as similar enough: if you cannot take meth/speed responsibly, I wouldn't touch 2-FMA if I were you.

Dose is important here though. Not sure how much meth / amph makes you have a week long comedown or how that would translate to 2-FMA. I've taken 2-FMA with great restraint before and had little after effects but the same goes for meth. And clearly both can fuck you up if you take more royal doses that have you tweaking and rolling hard.

Dexamph has really the least side effects of nearly any stim for me I think - i take it prescribed, it's relatively clean and centrally acting, but even that will screw you if you take a whole lot instead of therapeutic doses. I've tried 4 fluoroamphs and while 2-FA was a bit like dexamph to me, the others (4-FA, 2-FMA and 4-FMA) are all more recreational for me and 'get me there' while 2-FA stays functional and limited. They can be smooth in action and comedown if taken with great restraint but in many cases esp with 4-FA, I wanted to start off with a good dose because the aim was to 'roll', and that virtually always throws the selfrestraint out the window.

Long story short: fluoroamphs are not magical solutions that let you have the good experience without the negatives. If you take them in a way to get a full experience from them rather than a taste, you should be prepared to pay a price.

Kind of not what I was asking. I have tried the flouroamps and they were very manageable comedown wise. My question was rather whether normal speed can be as manageable on the comedown as the 'fas since my previous memory of regular speed was of a horrendous comedown and it is the general consensus that it is 'dirt' among anyone I have spoken to.

But as I said I had bad quality stuff most likely and was taking large rec' doses whereas nowdays I'd be looking for low therapeutic doses.

So question is whether straight amp, which is known to be alot stronger, can be as tame as the 'fas if taken is modest enough doses.

Most ppl who have a script for dex/adderall who I read online said they still find 2-fma alot 'smoother' than the agressive ups and downs of regular amp.

It would be nice to find a way to work with normal amp though since it would be nice to get back to the good ol well studied chems.

Plain amphetamine is safer because we know the risks of it, whereas 2-FMA is a totally novel chemical that has not been studied in humans. It could cause cancer or Parkinson's for all we know.