• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Is it at all possible to potentiate kratom or hydrocodone with Trazodone?

Ericjones03

Bluelighter
Hey everyone, I?ve been using Bluelight for years now to find everything I need to know and much more relating to drugs of any kind, but I have one pretty odd question that I haven?t been able to find the answer to anywhere else - is there any way that trazodone will/can potentiate any part of the experience of kratom or hydrocodone, I know that trazodone is a sleep aid, etc, so therefore it should increase the sedation I?ll feel, but I?ve tried it alone for sleep and found it to do quite literally nothing, no benefits in helping me sleep- didn?t even make my eyes heavy at 50 mg, no hangover the next day, no nightmares or bad side effects, but again, no good side effects either. While my question seems like it could be answered by telling me to UTFSE, I did that first and have read multiple discussions about how it can make many opiate/oid experiences worse, how it?s metabolized into mCPP, and plenty more but after doing some basic reading of its origins, I read that it is a CYP3A4 inhibitor, as well as a (saw this in a discussion unrelated to Trazodone, but the name was mentioned) CYPD26 substrate, just like benzos as well as multiple handfuls of other things, so my amateur conclusion is that because it is ?related? (that term is used very loosely because I know completely that it?s in no way actually related to benzodiazepines) to benzos- which I use now to potentiate, or really synergize with, my kratom or hydrocodone combinations- then it should work in a similar fashion and increase how sedated I am, and maybe add slightly to the ?nod? that Hydrocodone gives me, I understand that this is a harm reduction forum and I have learned plenty of information on what?s safe and what isn?t, and I live by that information always when using drugs, so I?m not looking for a certain dose to use, better way to use this combination to get ?higher?, I?m just stating my research in hopes that someone who understands what I?ve done so far can either help out and tell me why this seems like it should work, yet so many people say it does the opposite.
P.S. I?m asking about this in hopes that I will be able to put it to use, or at least test it out (I?m not taking any other serotonin related medicines, and yes I know about SS) because my stockpile of benzos has ran out and I have a friend who doesn?t use their trazodone and will happily give me what they have left, so I?m looking to use it as a substitute, I appreciate all answers, contradictory or agreeable, but just to let you know so your time isn?t wasted, I also know all about the other potentiation techniques for both kratom (purely synergy for this) and hydrocodone, but there?s certain things that don?t work, I can?t get, etc. so I?m simply looking for answers relating to my theory of the effects of trazodone on 1 or both of the mentioned substances.

Trazadone is garbage and will be a ruining distraction for a hydrocodone buzz. It?s only good for getting to sleep in jails and institutions where narcotics aren?t immediately available. And even then it sucks for that.... talk about the ?traza-boner? lol

Yes, I’ve already read countless people talking about this, but based on the fact that it does inhibit CYP3A4, it should not mess with the high negatively in any ways, and I’m also wondering about what effects it will have on Kratom. I’m not worried about the whole wasting my real mediciations based on the general opinion that it just knocks you out, because it hardly has sedative effects for me or any recreational value when used alone and with many other things. Plus, remember, after a handful of uses to determine if it had any effects at all, I had both no good or bad side effects.

IDK... trazodone (IME) will put me down at ~25-30mg; though I do usually have poly-substances in my system at any given time.
If I eat a chip (25mg) with .25 of alprzlm or a small amount of other benzo my sleep is deep and restful. I rarely use traz but keep about 10 on hand for "emergencies". Although traz is mainly used for anti-depressant; it also is used for sedation.
Personally I would not take traz with opi: They produce different "feelings" and do not (IME) do much for each other. I do not find traz recreational at all.
All may have differing outcomes on traz and all other things substance: Maybe it just doesn't work for you?

Edit:
As a daily kratom user... traz does nada to "enhance" the subtle lift of krat... just the opposite.

Thanks a lot, that’s almost everything I need to know, you’ve been a real big help, personal experience is always a great source. I did only take trazodone a few times, I’m not sure if it’s similar to the other antidepressants in how it takes a couple weeks until they start working, but if that’s the case, then considering all that could happen side effect wise after doing it for so long, I won’t bother doing that. For anyone else reading, all I’m looking for now is just a bit of clarification on what it is that’s included in trazodone that hinders the negative effects of opiates to a certain extent or for someone to continue to add on to what I started. Thanks everyone