• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Harm Reduction Is it alright to take pseudoephedrine and nicotine on a daily basis?

cowardescent

Bluelighter
For alertness and concentration? I've began a job and wear a 15mg nicotine patch daily. As well as that, I take 300mg of pseudoephedrine tablets ( 60mg x 5).

Luckily, I don't get too much of a body load with pseudoephedrine and I find that the combination keeps me alert for 9+ hours. I do however worry about the long term effects on my body.

I've heard that pseudo can cause cardiomyopathy as well as a stroke if used in the long term due to vasoconstriction. Also worried about stimulant induced psychosis from it as I know that methamphetamine which is only one Oxygen molecule away is famous for it.

Last edited:
Much better would be ephedrine which available without a prescription under the name bronkaid. Even still, ephedrine is hard on the body (the heart in particular). Overall not particularly toxic though at reasonable doses.

I was going to say this too. in my experience ephedrine is more psychoactive at lower doses than pseudoephedrine. Daily usage can lead to serious heart problems. Is there a reason why you don't try amphetamine or meth instead? That hydroxy group you mentioned makes pseudoephedrine and ephedrine worse on your heart.

Yeah, you don't want to keep taking that amount of psedo for very long. Don't a few strong cups of tea/coffee give enough of a kick to keep you going throughout the day?

I think if you're using these things in reasonalbe dosages, you shoudn't have anything to worry about. Just be mindful of how you feel. I wouldn't say, yea, take this combiantion every day for decades, but if you're at a new job, figuring things out and you need a little more energy, I don't see a problem with using this stuff.

Pseudoephedrine has other uses.

Like turning it over to the fine gentlemen at the DEA so they can continue the success that is the war on drugs.

Ya know, its inquiries like this that really grind my gears.
Cooks, the new-world over, are dealing with a dubious pseudo shortage and there are people just popping em like tic tacs! 😡🤦‍♂️
(/Jk)