• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Is injecting phenibut more potent that oral administration?

MCB-96

Greenlighter
I was wondering if injecting phenibut is significantly more potent than oral administration? I was thinking of injecting the phenibut I should be receiving in a week because I have an insane gabapentin tolerance and was thinking there may be a bit of cross tolerance from what I have heard. Any advice on this?

Nasal and anal is certainly a lot stronger and hurts like hell in both cases. Feels like it causes damage and likely does. Something I've tried once in each case only because I'm an idiot.
I wouldn't think banging it is a good idea. Maybe well diluted with a lot of jacking... but, no, don't do that.

I was wondering if injecting phenibut is significantly more potent than oral administration? I was thinking of injecting the phenibut I should be receiving in a week because I have an insane gabapentin tolerance and was thinking there may be a bit of cross tolerance from what I have heard. Any advice on this?

I would absolutely not do this. I don't have any hard-hitting research in front of me, but my experiences with Phenibut and my intuition tell me that this is a very bad idea. I was in the same boat as you once. I had been using Gabapentinoids in an uncontrolled fashion to the point I was fully saturated and tolerant to them. I ran out and was experiencing mild withdrawal, but truly I was more perturbed by the inability to get high and feel the mental release that I craved. I'm a major proponent of rectal administration from an HR philosophy perspective along with the ease of doing so, coupled with a great bioavailability.

I wasn't satisfied by eating WAY WAY TOO MUCH Phenibut powder, so figured I would try administering it rectally. It was a severely painful experience in which I had to immediately evacuate my bowels and administer two enemas to staunch the pain and discomfort. The next day, there was blood in my shit and the discomfort was bad.

I think Phenibut is something that our stomachs can tolerate, but that's only because our stomachs are literally full of acid to begin with. Most other areas of the body are not so hardy. Another example would be Ethyl Alcohol. We can drink Alcohol without problems in reasonable quantities, but that doesn't mean you should inject it. I've read case reports of people destroying the lining of their colon by administering enemas with high proof liquor on a one-off occasion.

Just don't do it. There is nothing remotely worth the risk that can't be had taking the drug orally.

Okay. I see. I was thinking of trying to add baking soda to neutralize it and try rectally as well but I guess that's a no go in your opinion as well?

Update. I decided to try rectal administration once both using baking soda and without and found that it didn't burn at all which is really weird. But I did use an oral syringe which holds much more water.

Update. I decided to try rectal administration once both using baking soda and without and found that it didn't burn at all which is really weird. But I did use an oral syringe which holds much more water.
When I tried it, it did burn, but not as much as @Keif' Richards said it did for him. I did only do about 1/2 gram since it's supposed to be a few times more potent. It was stronger.

However, although it did not burn terribly at the time, I was sore for days and did feel like it was harmful. I won't repeat.

So, a few questions.

Was there no discomfort at all? Both at the time and later?
How much did you do?
Was it more potent? I'm wondering if the baking soda might interfere with that, so answer that one both with and without baking soda.

Oh, was it the FAA? That's actually supposed to be used sublingually and is less acidic, isn't it.

I did this fora month with the HCL version and think I caused permanent nerve damage in my feet. My left foot randomly goes numb especially during anxiety attacks. I highly suggest DO NOT inject phenibut,

I would essentially inject 5 grams and it would almost act like a barbiturate in which I would black out / pass out usually for 12 hours straight probably with strong raspatory depression.

No it's HCL. I tried with baking soda with about 3 grams and then another 3 hours later, without baking soda. I knew I'd have a high tolerance just because I can take 20000 mg or double gabapentin in a day and not be super fucked up... So it's hard to tell how potent. I just noticed I was a bit more relaxed.

And no it still doesn't even feel uncomfortable. I wonder if it's because I used to be a raging alcoholic... Maybe I already have damage to my colon lining and just didn't notice it.

I used to drink 151 all day long and hardly eat so I may have burned the hell out of my colon lining and not noticed it somehow.

I'm going to circle back to this when I have a minute.

To put it in simple terms, when I read you were thinking about this, it frightened me. At the very least, we have zero data, absolutely none regarding Phenibut used intravenously. There are substances that are inherently unsafe to inject. I'm a layperson, but as an animal with senses, my interactions with Phenibut and its propensity for burning, irritation and so on led me to believe that injecting the substance was most likely not a good idea.

I've seen too many people develop tolerance to a drug think that they can somehow beat the game by injecting the drug. That is absolutely not how it works. Nobody who ever had a habit and turned to the needle looked back on the decision as a "good" one. Heroin for instance, typically just leads the user's tolerance to stabilize after maybe a few days of injecting. They are then left with an addition that can only be fed by a dangerous route of administration.

Please just don't. It's not what you want. It will not solve anything. It will not make you feel better. Please trust me. Your description of potentially damaging your body like it's just another day leads me to believe this could end very badly.

When I tried to add the Phenibut HCL to Baking Soda for a shot it became rock solid I couldn't shoot it, you must have the FAA free amino acid one.

No it's HCL. I may have used a bit more water than most though. But anyways. I no longer have any interest in IVing it but wanted to try rectal administration just to compare to oral. And keif yeah I definitely used to really screw with my body. Not as much now. I was more curious on others thoughts on roa. I guess the biggest thing for me is how fast I burn through my gabapentin script. Probably not good for my kidneys although I have been tested recently and no kidney damage as of yet.

INJECTING PHENIBUT IS NOT A GOOD IDEA! Have you ever tasted phenibut ? It has that salty real tart taste, if you happen to miss that would probably be an automatic abscess.

I’m not sure if you have ever shot meth but when you miss on meth it burns like crazy. Some drugs such as Wellbutrin will give you an abscess by just making contact with your veins. I’m not sure if phenibut would do that but you got to ask yourself, “ is it really worth the risk “ ?

And trust me from experience with an abscess that almost took my arm off it’s definitely not.

If you are looking for somewhat of a rush from phenibut maybe you should try a “ back door approach “ and booty bump it? I’M NOT A MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL SO BEFORE YOU GO STICKING PHENIBUT UP YOUR ASS GET MEDICAL ADVICE .

I guess what I’m trying to say is phenibut is a really underrated and sometimes not respected because it’s not a street drug. I’ll tell you I was on it for about almost a month because being an introvert and finding out about phenibut seemed like a God send, for the first time I could have no social anxiety and I was getting the best sleep I had ever gotten but when tht three weeks was over one night I tried to sleep and could not fall asleep then second night same thing then third, fourth and fifth night none finally day 6 I slept like three hours then I started having broken sleep for about a month.

Long story short it was hell and I’m glad to be out of those wds. But dude simple and plain don’t slam phenibut. Be smart and be safe. Peace.
I was wondering if injecting phenibut is significantly more potent than oral administration? I was thinking of injecting the phenibut I should be receiving in a week because I have an insane gabapentin tolerance and was thinking there may be a bit of cross tolerance from what I have heard. Any advi

I would absolutely not do this. I don't have any hard-hitting research in front of me, but my experiences with Phenibut and my intuition tell me that this is a very bad idea. I was in the same boat as you once. I had been using Gabapentinoids in an uncontrolled fashion to the point I was fully saturated and tolerant to them. I ran out and was experiencing mild withdrawal, but truly I was more perturbed by the inability to get high and feel the mental release that I craved. I'm a major proponent of rectal administration from an HR philosophy perspective along with the ease of doing so, coupled with a great bioavailability.

I wasn't satisfied by eating WAY WAY TOO MUCH Phenibut powder, so figured I would try administering it rectally. It was a severely painful experience in which I had to immediately evacuate my bowels and administer two enemas to staunch the pain and discomfort. The next day, there was blood in my shit and the discomfort was bad.

I think Phenibut is something that our stomachs can tolerate, but that's only because our stomachs are literally full of acid to begin with. Most other areas of the body are not so hardy. Another example would be Ethyl Alcohol. We can drink Alcohol without problems in reasonable quantities, but that doesn't mean you should inject it. I've read case reports of people destroying the lining of their colon by administering enemas with high proof liquor on a one-off occasion.

Just don't do it. There is nothing remotely worth the risk that can't be had taking the drug orally.
I keep seeing people saying this, but I plugged a gram or two of the stuff on a couple of occasions and noticed no pain or discomfort at all. I diluted it in 5 ml of water