• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Is hydrocodone (Vicodin) available on prescription in the UK and Ireland?

cowardescent

Bluelighter
I came back from a summer trip in the US two weeks ago and while I had a tooth ache, my aunt told me I could take her generic hydrocodone/acetaminophen pills which I assume is popularily known as Vicodin. I tried a few of them and from my only experience of OTC codeine back here (Nurofen Plus), it's pretty crap compared to that.

The only problem I now understand is the itch that people talk about. Shortly after taking 2 pills, i had a terrible itch throughout the day which was probably made worse by the 25 C weather. I had to go to a pharmacy and buy several antihistamines.

Interestingly, I don't desire to take it recreationally at all if it's available. I definitely didn't feel withdrawl even though I probably used it too much but my question is, Is hydrocodone available to be sold in pharmacies here? I read somewhere that doctors can't prescribe it because it's not available outside the US as opposed to it being controlled but I could be wrong.

I am not 100% sure if it is available at all anywhere other than the U.S. but know for certain it has nowhere near the broad use as in America. We consume greater than 95% of all the worlds hydrocodone here.

From my understanding, it's codeine and tramadol. Unless you're in an end of life care situation, you won't find stronger opiates in the U.K.

Unless you go to the streets....

Morphine may also be an option. Really any opioid that is available can be equally effective assuming the dose is correct.