• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Is HHC-P Fully Synthetic?

reapergrowerx10

Greenlighter
Hey everyone, I was hoping to get some clarity on a topic I've been researching lately. Has anyone heard about HHC-P? I've been trying to figure out whether it's a naturally occurring cannabinoid in cannabis or if it's a synthetic compound. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find consistent information online. Some sources claim it's completely synthetic, while others suggest it's present in cannabis.

I'm curious if anyone has any insights on this topic or can point me in the direction of reliable resources to learn more about it. Your input would be greatly appreciated!

It's all semi-synthetic, made from CBD. I imagine a THC analogue could be tweaked which would be pretty horrible but I haven't heard of one yet.
Synthetic or not does not matter. It's marketing from people who want to sell their product since "It's not synthetic.".
Get on Reddit and see if anyone is having problems.

Most if not all those cannabinoids are semi-synthetic but total synthesis for THC and analogues is definitely possible but with plenty of CBD as starting material there’s no real need for that.

Most if not all those cannabinoids are semi-synthetic but total synthesis for THC and analogues is definitely possible but with plenty of CBD as starting material there’s no real need for that.
CBD to THC is simple refluxing with an acid if I'm not mistaken.

Makes it semi-synthetic THC.

The reason it's legal is because it's semi synthetic. That's the loophole, it's derived from hemp.

where's the defining step between a compound that is "synthetic" and one that is "semi- synthetic"?

where's the defining step between a compound that is "synthetic" and one that is "semi- synthetic"?
Fully synthetic will give 10,000 miles between oil changes. ;)

Semi-synthetic compounds are derived from naturally occurring substances extracted from sources like plants, bacteria of animal cells.
Fully synthetic compounds are created entirely in the laboratory using a stepwise combination of small chemical building blocks. :)

Well same chemical could fall in category of semi-synthetic or synthetic depending how it’s made. And if you make THC from limonene or whatever still naturally occurring it’s a lot more steps than to make it from CBD so in that case some will use one some other word.

Than think MDMA, it can be made from safrole that’s naturally occurring but no one calls MDMA semi-synthetic but than some do call morphine derivatives. So is it similarity with some natural chemical or precursor or whatever semi-synthetic is pretty loosely used word. I would say it’s a word used mostly for and created to get appeal in crowd who strongly prefer substances made in nature.

In fact to me word semi-synthetic makes most sense if some kind of bioreactor was used in production of chemical otherwise all made in lab is simply synthetic.

Starting from very simple chemicals to create something is usually referred as total synthesis. Some chemicals, like morphine for example, can be created via total synthesis but yield is so low and there’s so many steps it’s not even considered as alternative to extracting morphine (except maybe in case of some catastrophic disruption of morphine trade but in that case other opiods would being made instead morphine is much more likely).

It may occur naturally, but I would expect only very slight traces. Any bulk material is undoubtedly synthetic - the probable precursor, tetrahydrocannabiphorol is already a trace product, and chain-extended THC homologs like nabilone are already synthesized in bulk.

Well same chemical could fall in category of semi-synthetic or synthetic depending how it’s made.
:) The same chemical could be synthetic, semi-synthetic, or natural, depending on how it's made. My point exactly. Calling something synthetic means nothing.

Now, as to naturally occurring, they keep saying that these THC-like drugs do occur in hemp. That's likely so, but even the original and ubiquitous ∆8 THC only occurs in trace quantities.

From what I've seen in a quick search, HHC occurs in traces naturally but HHC-P hasn't been found as yet.