Admin Attention Is having a profile picture of a Nazi leader against the BLUA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bagseed

Bluelighter
Question for staff: A certain user (already reported, but there was no reaction yet) uses a profile picture of the Nazi leader Hermann Göring. While I find it pretty crazy that something like this even happens nowadays on BL, I really wonder if this goes against the BLUA? I states that
  • post or upload any content that victimizes, harasses, degrades, or intimidates an individual or group of individuals on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or any other reason;

In my opinion, uploading a picture of a nazi war criminal to use as a profile picture in an obviously admiring way is definitely degrading and harassing to anyone suffering the consequences of the holocaust or even to anyone who cares about democracy and human rights. In general it seems that BL has been more and more entered by people far right ideology (even borderline extremism) and BL staff should really ask themselves how they want to handle this developement in the future.

From the BLUA:
4. Bluelight reserves the right to edit any user profile at any time for any reason.

5. Bluelight will remove any content from its sites which Bluelight, in its sole discretion, determines to be harmful, offensive, or otherwise in violation of these policies.
Profile pictures may be removed at the discretion of the administrative staff. If you believe that someone has an avatar that is "harmful, offensive, or otherwise in violation of [the BLUA]", you can report the user's profile, and the administrative staff will assess your complaint.

Status
Not open for further replies.