• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Is growing poppies really worth it?

morphineoxysbenzos

Bluelighter
I don't know anything about poppies but I've just been researching a couple days and it seems like you need about a handful of pods at least to get 20g when it's dried and it takes around 35g for a decent dose. Plus it's even worse if you just score them and want to skip all the extra steps of drying it out and drinking a tea.

I've heard a lot of people say it's not a bad idea and you can get a decent amount of opiates pretty easy but it seems like even the best plants have10-15 heads which I still think doesn't weight out to much when it's dried out without the seeds. I might be wrong but it seems like a lot of work for a couple of doses of tea. It seems that pods go for a lot online though and people are pretty happy about growing them so I'm not really sure. I'm not selling or making large amounts or anything but if you can only grow them once a year is it really worth all the trouble just for personal use?

If you keep getting seeds and growing them is there a way to get a decent amount for personal use without your yard looking like an opium field? I think I missed the memo on when this was popular because everything I can seem to find about it is all really old information.

I haven't grown them myself but i've heard that to acquire a decent supply it would take a pretty decent sized plot of poppies. Certainly a noticeable amount unless you live on a farm or ranch.

Even knowing this I still plan to grow them someday, I think the satisfaction of caring for the plants is part of the experience. Even if I end up getting rid of my current addiction I still plan to do at least a small yearly grow and just use that. I like the idea of letting your demons out for stroll once in a while.

Anyway, I don't know any good sources on growing, we very rarely have threads like this pop up but i'm pretty sure they are still there if you use the search function.

(edit)
See this thread https://www.bluelight.org/xf/threads/opium-and-poppy-questions.892453/

Last edited:
I haven't grown them myself but i've heard that to acquire a decent supply it would take a pretty decent sized plot of poppies. Certainly a noticeable amount unless you live on a farm or ranch.

Even knowing this I still plan to grow them someday, I think the satisfaction of caring for the plants is part of the experience. Even if I end up getting rid of my current addiction I still plan to do at least a small yearly grow and just use that. I like the idea of letting your demons out for stroll once in a while.

Anyway, I don't know any good sources on growing, we very rarely have threads like this pop up but i'm pretty sure they are still there if you use the search function.

(edit)
See this thread https://www.bluelight.org/xf/threads/opium-and-poppy-questions.892453/
Yeah I have a pretty decent sized yard without anyone really being close to it and definitely not anyone who's going to indentify poppies especially because my yard is so green and bushy in the summer it would just look like flowers or more green stuff. I've been washing seeds and dumping them around my yard but I'm not sure if now is a good time because I have cold winters but I've heard stories of them popping up randomly even years later so who knows.

If I find a good source of seeds I'll probably just keep dumping them around my yard hopefully I get some plants going. I have a couple spots where I've been dumping them and throwing seeds all over would be nice to get a patch or two