• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Is Gabapentin a good painkiller choice?

Bsg432676

Greenlighter
Hey so it’s documented that I have a L hours which is kind of like arthritis also a possibility of fibromyalgia I can’t afford Lyrica because it’s not covered I don’t know much about gabapentin maybe you guys could give me a crash course in it right now I’m going to be getting Tylenol with codeine 3 2 to 3 tabs mes a day I’m wondering if I saw a rheumatologist if they would put me on something better what are your thoughts

Take gabapentin if you wanna gain heaps of weight, have memory problems and then experience absolutely awful withdrawals coming off it.

Trust me, it’s useless for nerve related pain. Tolerance builds way too quickly

Take gabapentin if you wanna gain heaps of weight, have memory problems and then experience absolutely awful withdrawals coming off it.

Trust me, it’s useless for nerve related pain. Tolerance builds way too quickly

Agreed. Gabapentin has never done pain well for me either. In fact it doesn’t really do anything well IMO.

-GC

Gabapentin is a lot like Phenibut. Pretty much useless for anything except anxiety, and even then it's not really that impressive. It's great for social situations where you might be awkward and want to use it as a social lubricant. Granted, it's better than alcohol in that area, but the withdrawals and comedowns are not pleasant either, so it's much the same when it comes to withdrawal and "hangovers".

Gabapentin is garbage dont waiste your time use lyrica if you insist on gabapentoids youd truthfully be better off taking a few shots