• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Is full recovery from Serotonin Syndrome possible?

SSLogic

Greenlighter
Hey guys, I'm new to the thread. I've read a couple of post on this site about SS and decided to make an account and try to get in contact with other people in the same situation.

About 2 months ago I was hit with serotonin syndrome after taking 5-htp too soon after stopping escitalopram and it was still in my system. I literally felt like I was gonna die but after about half an hour it slowly stared subsiding so I didn't go to the ER.

Luckily I survived, but I'm left with some serious effects that are debilitating. I'm over the stomach cramps period, but I keep getting chronic fever basically every day and it's amplified if I take any kind of vitamin/drug/stimulant anything. I feel like this fever is causing the damage that is keeping me from healing and getting better.

Needless to say I am constantly aggressive and haven't felt a good emotion since the episode. It's a horrible experience and I'm trying everything to try to recover but the only thing that works is working out and eating better.

I want to now if anyone else has suffered from severe SS and has fully recovered from it and what they did t help them recover. At the moment I'm experimenting with things that increase bdnf and ngf like cerebrolysin, noopept, lion's man and piracetam but I cannot tell I they are actually helping or making things worse. It's as if there is a

cycle that as soon as things start to feel better that the fever comes back and sets me back even worse. Any advice helps, thx!

Have you seen a doctor since that incident? Because I really think you need to. Serotonin syndrome is acute, so once it passes, there is no risk of further damage, but if you're struggling with such severe after-effects you really need to see a doctor to help manage them. Throwing other chemicals at it without really knowing how they all interact is I think not the best course of action. Really, consult a doctor and explain everything that happened leading up to and after the episode, including everything you've taken to try to counteract the symptoms. In any case, yes you will recover. If you really experienced serorotin syndrome such after-effects are to be expected, but you could benefit from professional help from someone that actually knows how to treat this

Welcome to the forum SSLogic :) sounds like quite an ordeal. Keep us updated on how you are doing, and perhaps other members will be able to offer further advice

I've actually been to 3 different hospitals since then, and not 1 of the doctors knew what SS was and just told me the same bs, that it is "probably just the withdrawl" and to wait it out. I've basically given up on professional help as every one I met has been totally ignorant and haven't helped what so ever... It's a very frustrating situation.

I've actually been to 3 different hospitals since then, and not 1 of the doctors knew what SS was and just told me the same bs, that it is "probably just the withdrawl" and to wait it out. I've basically given up on professional help as every one I met has been totally ignorant and haven't helped what so ever... It's a very frustrating situation.

yes, been though it, done 5-mapb and did 5-htp afterwards and got it then. did mdma 30x's and never gotten it (and yes i tested my 5-mapb before I did it on all five regeants tests-tested out well) 5-mapb has quite a few reports where people got ss up to a week after

SS passed for me in about one week. I did some research and once its gone its gone, and if it doesnt kill you ,youll be fine on a scale of 1-10 i was about a 7-8 and any more I most likely would have had severe sides or died...I did pass out bumped my head hard falling on ground, I literally thought i was going to die, couldnt sleep wel leither ,it was so bad, the sides. was quite dramaticand i dislike too much drama. i told my mom i loved her b, she did a goodjob of riasing me and im in a good place if i pass away. went to doctor as well

are you taking anything else that would cause this?

Last edited:
Dresden - Serotoin syndrome is when a combination of drugs cause too much serotonin in the brain to a toxic level and it damages the CNS to a very serious level.

yes, been though it, done 5-mapb and did 5-htp afterwards and got it then. did mdma 30x's and never gotten it (and yes i tested my 5-mapb before I did it on all five regeants tests-tested out well)

SS passed for me in about one week. I did some research and once its gone its gone, and if it doesnt kill you , its good. I letrally thought i was going to die, it was so bad, the sides, i told my mom i loved her b, she did a goodjob of riasing me and im in a good place if i pass away. went to doctor as well

are you taking anything else that would cause this?

Nope, I wouldn't be able to anyway, almost anything causes the symptoms to come back pretty strongly...

keep researching and find someone to help help you asap..ss is nothing to &*^% with

ill never use 5-htp after a roll, or even certain supplements. I used to post about it and stuff but changed my mind
best thing that helped me overcome it was staying at home and sleep, not going to gym, taking a break from work, sleep eat well, be around l0ved ones

ill never use 5-htp after a roll, or even certain supplements. I used to post about it and stuff but changed my mind
best thing that helped me overcome it was staying at home and sleep, not going to gym, taking a break from work, sleep eat well, be around l0ved ones

What kind of symptoms did you have from it? Because I'm not sure we have the same thing. If I don't go to the gym for more than 2 days in a row my symptoms become unbearable... Hitting the gym hard is a must for my survival right now...

What kind of symptoms did you have from it? Because I'm not sure we have the same thing. If I don't go to the gym for more than 2 days in a row my symptoms become unbearable... Hitting the gym hard is a must for my survival right now...

do you know serotonin syndrome is?

You wouldnt want to go to the gym if you truley had serotonin syndrome nor would you feel like it, you feel really bad and scared to do that. I was dizzy, fainty, got dizzy if i did anything , super emotionalcrying in front of loved ones, getting super emotional, tearing up, feeling like i know the meaning behind what this concious of what people are saying inconciously, not being to sleep well, and drifting in from conciousness to unconcious states during sleep, brain zaps, not knowing whether i fingered my ass or not ( no i dont do that but thought i might have and didnt know if i dreamt it or did it) lost in my mind, confused, scared,temperature down to 96.1shivering bad, kind of hyper at the beginning of it, but unrestful, there are many sides,

stuff like adderall, ephedrine and many many other drugs can amplify if youve already got it or mix these with serotontin booster

take twenty minutes and watch this, this guy schools it fantastically well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8ujJ1ZuYMw

Last edited:
About 2 months ago I was hit with serotonin syndrome after taking 5-htp too soon after stopping escitalopram and it was still in my system. I literally felt like I was gonna die but after about half an hour it slowly stared subsiding so I didn't go to the ER.

Who told you that you got SS if you didn't went to a dr.? You read the symptoms online?

do you know serotonin syndrome is?

You wouldnt want to go to the gym if you truley had serotonin syndrome nor would you feel like it, you feel really bad and scared to do that. I was dizzy, fainty, got dizzy if i did anything , super emotionalcrying in front of loved ones, getting super emotional, tearing up, feeling like i know the meaning behind what this concious of what people are saying inconciously, not being to sleep well, and drifting in from conciousness to unconcious states during sleep, brain zaps, not knowing whether i fingered my ass or not ( no i dont do that but thought i might have and didnt know if i dreamt it or did it) lost in my mind, confused, scared,temperature down to 96.1shivering bad, kind of hyper at the beginning of it, but unrestful, there are many sides,

stuff like adderall, ephedrine and many many other drugs can amplify if youve already got it or mix these with serotontin booster

take twenty minutes and watch this, this guy schools it fantastically well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8ujJ1ZuYMw

What you had was not serotonin syndrome. The fact that you were still being "emotional", was because you were simply depressed. SS causes damage to the nerve endings to the point where you will feel completely flat and your "emotions" will basically be non existent. Sure I have zero motivation to go to the gym, but if you had to deal with these kinds of headaches and fever constantly you would force yourself too. Acute SS causes either long-term or permanent damage, not something you just get over after a week or two, and it requires the brain to completely rewire its serotineric system. The CNS damage its causes is more painful than you can imagine and if you do not go to the gym regularly it will mess you up pretty badly, it is the only way to start building bgnf and ngf to create the new pathways it needs. At most you might have suffered very mild SS that did not damage your nerves - what caused your SS?

What you had was not serotonin syndrome. The fact that you were still being "emotional", was because you were simply depressed. SS causes damage to the nerve endings to the point where you will feel completely flat and your "emotions" will basically be non existent. Sure I have zero motivation to go to the gym, but if you had to deal with these kinds of headaches and fever constantly you would force yourself too. Acute SS causes either long-term or permanent damage, not something you just get over after a week or two, and it requires the brain to completely rewire its serotineric system. The CNS damage its causes is more painful than you can imagine and if you do not go to the gym regularly it will mess you up pretty badly, it is the only way to start building bgnf and ngf to create the new pathways it needs. At most you might have suffered very mild SS that did not damage your nerves - what caused your SS?

from what I know serontin syndrome is temporaly, and yes I did have it, it was appeaant i was hypervilegent and other sides. It was bad.

I dont know about long term serotonin syndrome never studied that so goodluck with that. IIve never-had these sides in my life and i did 5-mapb and started 5-htp two days afterwards..... 5-htp combined with 350 mgs egcg, high egcg content causes the 5-htp to cross the bbb(brain blood barrier ) whichs makes 5-htp more more potent..high egcg content is hard to find and costs a pretty penny. Im not here to debate or argue with you, clearly you have it in your mind i didnt experience serotonin syndrome and my doctor diagnosed this after i told him what was going on. Furthermore, did you watch the video I post, it narrows in specially on serontin syndrome and pharmacology drugs, and i had those side effects im not here argue whether or not i had serotonin syndrome or not

:(

maybe someone else can help you on here

Last edited:
I always read about people claiming to have had serotonin syndrome, yet normally all they is describe features and symptoms which could relate to many conditions or just simple sensitivity to a supplement - I've had it after forgetting to leave adequate time between taking St Johns wort and Diphrenydramine after taking Molly the night before.. you know when you'e had it ... shivering, pupils dilating and contracting, extreme heart rate, and a feeling of imminent death. I had valium on hand and rode it out. I don't know where anyone has read it causes severe CNS damage, as it's an acute reaction to these drugs, not a neurotoxic or neurological condition. You might get some symptoms due to your nervous system readjusting afterwards but it's not permanent.

Recovery is definitely possible ... ive had one experience with it though i think mild ... i was going through grams upon grams of some mystery cathinone and then i started getting brain zaps that would happen every 5 sec or so and non stop panic attacks but within like 4 days it subsided. theres obviously varying degrees to the syndrome although. best of luck