• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Is drinking and taking lorazerpam 2 to 3 times a week enough to cause withdrawal?

V82

Bluelighter
If I drink 4 pints about 2 litres of beer 2 to 3 times a week and take 1 mg of lorazepam 2 to 3 times a week on separate days is that enough to cause withdrawal if I stop?

I mean every person is different. But if you are consistently able to space it out like that, and not let an “extra day here and there” turn into more and more extra days, etc... that shouldn’t cause dependence and/or withdrawals.

It’s impossible to guarantee that. But I would say you have a good chance of not getting hooked.

The tricky part is staying at those intervals and keeping distance between your doses.

Good luck and be safe :)

They both work on the same receptor sites so basically you're a 4-6 time a week user. I'm not sure in those dosages you'd be prone to w/d depending how long it's been and individual idiosyncrasies play a huge role. I was a heavy alcoholic and quit cold turkey without issue. My wife was in the same boat but within a day of no booze would be shaking like a mofo and needed benzos to detox. My point is that benzos like lorazepam and booze work on the same part of the brain making them both very complicated to w/d from and from a medical standpoint usually the taper for booze is benzos for the reasons I explained. You could be fine or you could end up with symptoms. If you see symptoms when you stop seek medical aid to help taper as the w/d from either can be fatal.

If I drink 4 pints about 2 litres of beer 2 to 3 times a week and take 1 mg of lorazepam 2 to 3 times a week on separate days is that enough to cause withdrawal if I stop?

this is how habits start "there are exceptions of course", i really recommend that you do not start adding days here in there "especially extra days just to cope with shitty or stressful days"

this is how habits start "there are exceptions of course", i really recommend that you do not start adding days here in there "especially extra days just to cope with shitty or stressful days"

It's those stressful days that end in addiction and habit formation. A regular schedule is one thing but as soon as it becomes a means to cope you've given in and decided that instead of facing/dealing with your shit on your own you're going to either let a substance assist you in it or allow you to ignore it without anxiety until it builds to a breaking point - which only furthers the use. Listen to Parabolan - he is speaking the truth.