• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Is dhc better than codeine?

morphineoxysbenzos

Bluelighter
I've been researching it and people say its 2-3x stronger than regular codeine but it has a really really low oral BA. I remember one time I got some of them for free and I kept taking them and i felt a decent codeine buzz/face itch but I don't know if it would have been worth it if I had to pay for them. Are they good for popping? It looks like codeine has a lot higher oral BA

Last edited:
DHC is a semi synthetic analogue of it's Codeine counterpart. It's approximately 3 times weaker than Morphine when orally ingested.

I found regular codeine better for opiate withdrawal than dhc, maybe cos codeine converts into morphine in the liver (like heroin, oxycodone etc) whereas DHC metabolises into something else (can't remember now) DHC does have a better effect on pain I find though & of course has no ceiling dose unlike codeine

Personally I prefer Codeine to DHC, when I used to abuse (when) I found a few pints and 300mg of Codeine Phosphate was a much better high than with 300mg of DHC, used to last longer too.

DHC is better for pain relief though if that's your goal.

Personally I prefer Codeine to DHC, when I used to abuse (when) I found a few pints and 300mg of Codeine Phosphate was a much better high than with 300mg of DHC, used to last longer too.

DHC is better for pain relief though if that's your goal.
really i barely tried dhc but the pills got me an okay buzz. pretty cheap