• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Is cocaine actually addictive??

BOODIE

Greenlighter
Okay so I've had bashed and pure..both shit and great quality.. many times since my youth years.
And this is usually when I'm out at the bars or house party..after a few drinks at that initial buzz stage.

Its always mentioned among friends to ring that number in your phone and get some cheeky Charles delivered.

And I agree on the actually night..its moreish and more than likely you call again for another gram or so. Or even more..and maybe even have a 3 day binge and take a week to recover.

But...long term..whilst back at work..going walking..socializing with friends and family..I dont keep thinking when my next line is.
In fact I feel great again.. fresh and just focus on other things.

Its never effected me long term and I only miss it at times when I've had a bit to drink.

I've not touched it now for over a year and even though I loved the euphoric high.. I wouldn't spend 100s again just for that 20 minute buzz with a shitty comedown .

Well lucky you lol. That's what I was like for about 10 yrs, then circumstances put it near me everyday and I've just finished a 3 month daily habit yesterday feelin alright so far tbh. been 24 hours now and no cravings yet. Its psychological and I guess its on a person to person basis. I highly doubt in fact I know I would not have formed the habit I did if it wasnt free and right under my nose every day. However once it gets hold and the brain starts gettin used to them dopamine levels and you start feeling shit without it, its just one nasty soul sucking drug.

The simple answer is to your question is yes and that your experience is not necessarily reflective of other people's.

Anything can be addictive, obviously some things have a higher likelihood of inducing repetitive compulsive consumption (cocaine definitely being one of those things) but addiction is more about the person than the substance really.

Yes it is and I was the same, did it on n off for years no drama n then abstained for a while n the next time I did it I was hooked, 3-4months every single day.

Its not addictive until it is and then when it is itll creep up on you because you've got a false sense of security from all the times before.