• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Is Carisoprodol physically addictive?

althea16

Bluelighter
Is carisoprodol (Soma) physically additive? If so, how bad are the withdrawals?

Technically it should be able to form physical dependence because it works similarly to barbiturates and benzos.

But tolerance rapidly develops with this one, it's not very potent at all, and I have never heard of anyone adddicted to carbamates.

Some drugs like this aren't that addictive because tolerance gain becomes so extreme it's not practical or basically impossible to get high from anymore.

It's probably about as addictive as gabapentin.

Technically it should be able to form physical dependence because it works similarly to barbiturates and benzos.

But tolerance rapidly develops with this one, it's not very potent at all, and I have never heard of anyone adddicted to carbamates.

Some drugs like this aren't that addictive because tolerance gain becomes so extreme it's not practical or basically impossible to get high from anymore.

It's probably about as addictive as gabapentin.
Thank you. That is helpful.
About how long might one have to take it to become physically addicted?

Thank you. That is helpful.
About how long might one have to take it to become physically addicted?
As a general rule of thumb it takes 10-14 days for physical dependence to develop with drugs like this.

Interestingly enough meprobamate was available in Canada until very recently in the form of mep282 with asprin and codeine. Sadly i never got to try them before they where taken off the market as i never had a reason to be prescribed them.

Interestingly enough meprobamate was available in Canada until very recently in the form of mep282 with asprin and codeine. Sadly i never got to try them before they where taken off the market as i never had a reason to be prescribed them.
My experiences with carisprodol and methocarbamol are pretty basic. It feels like a benzo or barb but is almost exclusively physical in nature. They make your muscles feel like jello, loosey goosey, if you know what I mean.

Good if you need physical GABA relaxation but otherwise not that interesting in comparison to diazepam or any other benzo/barb.

My experiences with carisprodol and methocarbamol are pretty basic. It feels like a benzo or barb but is almost exclusively physical in nature. They make your muscles feel like jello, loosey goosey, if you know what I mean.

Good if you need physical GABA relaxation but otherwise not that interesting in comparison to diazepam.

Oh that sounds like it could be good for my back the way it gets now that im abit older lol. Id imagine combined with codeine and asprin it would rock for muscle pain.

I went through a period where i took 5-6 350mg carisoprodol a night for many months. I'd generally take them all at once. Had a wacky manic-drunk type effect that I guess I enjoyed enough to keep taking. But only at night. After quite a number of months of this, with no breaks, I couldn't get any more. To my surprise, no withdrawal symptoms appeared.

I feel like the risk of physical dependency of carisoprodol is more like alcohol than benzos. Like alcohol, i think carisoprodol needs to be taken round the clock to be develop a physical dependency. So, if you are popping a bunch of carisoprodol pills every 4-5 hours it will likely result in a severe physical dependency.

Gabapentin is pretty addictive. I am finding it almost impossible to get off of! But partly that’s because I’m prescribed it for pain, and it greatly helps me with that.
I find it's almost like a combination of benzo and opiate wd at the same time.

I took lyrica to try to help wd's. It made me extremely anxious.

I over-used my gabapentin recently due to some bouts of extreme pain. Didn’t have time to just remain home in bed. So I loaded up on what I needed to get through it (I have no access to opioids other than kratom) and now I am paying the price.

Also curious. I alternated these with zanaflex for 2 months I stopped and feel odd aniexty how long does it last?

Oh that sounds like it could be good for my back the way it gets now that im abit older lol. Id imagine combined with codeine and asprin it would rock for muscle pain.
More more-ish then codeine for pain when I was using it.

Hard to not want to get the loopy-doopy feeling that you get from Soma. And I actually do not like opiate or benzodiazepine sedation.

Was specifically cautioned by my father to be actively cognizant of potential addiction. And yes, it's definitely there.

Would only use a few days at a time and then switch to aspirin/ other. NSAid to prevent any type of dependence or withdrawal.

Soma can definitely be habit forming, even if psychological only, it's still a habit.