• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Is anyone concerned about the state of taker culture?

It seems like taker culture is currently killing itself/each other. I see no other choice than to assume indigenous stature, as I can’t support the ridiculousness that is going on. Is anyone else concerned/have better ideas?

The biggest thing holding back Indigenous Australians is their own culture of taking the things that other people have worked for.

Ask any Indigenous person who has gotten a job, made a few bucks, and tried to better themselves and their immediate family. They’ll have endless stories for you about the aunties and uncles, cousins, and random other relatives and tribe members who turn up expecting a piece of what they made “coz that’s blackfella cultcha mate, don’t be a selfish cunt”.

This is a highly degenerate era the world is in living in. And yes, it's the world, not just parts of the world. Consumer capitalism has infected everything. They've used wars to spread this corrupt, unnatural system everywhere. I don't know how to fully opt out of it. I can only do so much as one person, but they have created a system that makes us dependent. I don't have time left in my life to "re-wild" myself to natural ways. Besides, nature is dying and the wilds can't provide for 7 billion people.

I am really, really hoping that the current global vaccination regimen is actually a depopulation scheme. I hate the global elites, but I value nature more. The world needs less humans ASAP. I don't care about counters to Malthusianism. It's about standard of living. We can't have a high technology, high education, high standard of living society for 7+ billion people. The planet will die.

As for indigenous people... sorry, I can't agree. Some of the greediest fucking moves I have seen made in my life have been by indigenous people. They rape and pillage their own people. Why? Because they are humans. This romanticized view that indigenous people are above capitalism is no different than the whole colonial noble savage motif. Before colonization some first nations were enslaving others, eradicating others, genociding others. True, there were positive, healthy alliances too. Just like today. We know from the archeological record that most of the megafauna of North America and Europe were completely wiped out by hunting. So the indigenous people we are supposed to look up to have a historical record of extincting entire species. Humanity is an intelligent cancer and I hope nature wipes us out before we render life on this planet impossible.

I think we could learn a thing or two from indigenous stewardship of the wilds, however a lot of that knowledge has been lost due to colonization so you'd essentially be asking a wounded people to take on that role and IMO they are not capable of remedying the world's problems right now.

It's too late really. This planet is FUBAR. We can't undo the cascade that is happening now. We have had decades of warnings, and multi-billionaires spending their money to spin lies and convince us it's not real. The only thing left to be seen is how bad it's going to get. The bad is here. Look around. The baby boomers and their children have essentially brought this planet to the brink in less than 100 years. No thought at all about future generations, just making themselves comfortable. Now China and India are rising, and they want the same for their people.

We are doomed.

It seems like taker culture is currently killing itself/each other. I see no other choice than to assume indigenous stature, as I can’t support the ridiculousness that is going on. Is anyone else concerned/have better ideas?
I don't know lots about this subject but I do know it's something that hasn't just affected one particular indigenous society. It's a product of the broken Western systems we have managed to spread throughout the world destroying people's ties to more meaningful deep and beneficial relationships both with themselves, with each other and the world they live in. Many indigenous people will tell you, if they haven't already been acculturated to Western ideology and started wearing jeans and eating McDonald's, we have severed our ties with nature and with our place on this planet. We have given in to lusty temptations and meaningless pursuits of narcissistic superficial gratification and projection.

It wouldn't surprise me if what you are referring to is the divides being created between those who have settled and become acculturated to Western ideology, and those that haven't. Those that haven't get punished and they even get punished by those who they once called blood, family, brothers and sisters, members of the tribe etc. This leads onto marginalization and significant pressure to give up their historical cultural identities and heritage for the promise of the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow i.e the rat race. Infighting begins and political interference takes hold because now there is a 'demand' to change things i.e bulldoze entire communities along with their identities and cultural history. If you don't comply, if you don't follow then you get left behind and when you have very little in the way of defense from encroaching forces and also external cultural pressure, you are the primitive barbarians Western society paints you out to be and your history means nothing when it is convenient to discard what deep down we all want to preserve (when it suits us to selectively and superficially try to reconnect with our ties to such history).

It is the epitomy of Western narcissism. It is the insanity, the sickness, speaking. Th mask we wear, and tell others to wear, to try to protect us from the truth of what we are doing and what we have done. What is worse is most of us are just pawns in the machine and so our guilt doesn't really belong to us, it belongs to those who burdened it on us to make us be this way and make us believe this is how we should live on this planet. If we managed to rid ourselves of that guilt, of the imposter syndrome, the trauma, the inferiority complex, the little person trapped in a bag of flesh and bones, the 'little old me' i.e the victim, as Alan Watts put it so eloquently, we might be able to look at problems like this and do something about it.

A demand for reparations and a renegotiation of all treaties with natives in all countries.

The spirit of all treaties in Canada were written with a fiduciary clause, as do most treaties world wide, hypocritical as they were.

No country I know of has lived up to that and all countries should renegotiate.

It is time to stop screwing our native land owners.

Regards
DL