View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

is an experience like this possible..?

mexxel

Greenlighter
I have never tripped on anything except for Freebase DMT before, which obviously is much different than other psychedelics. But I am very curious after doing research on shrooms and so forth, is it possible to have an experience, perhaps on large "heroic" doses (maybe 5-10g of shrooms) where you are literally in a different world? The way I have always pictured my dream trip to be is sort of like the show avatar the last airbender if anyone has seen it, as childish as it is - but when he goes into the avatar state and talks to spirits who guide him and answer his questions. I want to physically go to a mysterious forest and meet someone inside, and have a conversation and have my questions answered. Is this other reality or world actually possible? And if anyone can share an experience of something similar to this that would be awesome.

Hi, welcome PD / BL :)

I very much recommend that you start with a low to moderate dose if you try mushrooms, the effects can be very potent. First learn how to use them before you try gradually larger dosages.

On psychedelics very unusual experiences are possible like meeting other entities and feeling as if you go to other dimensions / different worlds. There are different theories about what happens if you trip like that, people have different opinions, but I would strongly suggest that there is no real compelling reason to believe that there is anything objectively true about the psychedelic experiences, and it may even be bad for mental health if the trip is not integrated and processed with due skepticism.

What we know is that the psychedelic drugs affect the way our brain works and our brain constructs our sense of reality and all of our experiences for us. The brain can also produce imagination and fantasy if 'triggered' in a certain way. The simplest explanation therefore is that psychedelics act to trigger our brain to produce imagination and fantasy as if you are dreaming, but while you are awake. Just as much as you should doubt that your dreams are real you should doubt that a psychedelic trip is real.

But that does not necessarily make it any less magical in my opinion. It is still astonishing. And even if it does feel less 'special' or fantastical, it is not a good argument to choose something else over the truth accepting that as true instead just because it sounds more extraordinary.

By all means, trip in a forest some day (though maybe not the first time! And also take a sober person with you), and ask questions. It can be a great experience and lesson to you, even if the truth is that the answers come deep from within yourself (where you may be more wise than you realize yet), rather than an actual being made of light answering them, for example.

Take it with a grain of salt. :)

Hi, welcome PD / BL :)

I very much recommend that you start with a low to moderate dose if you try mushrooms, the effects can be very potent. First learn how to use them before you try gradually larger dosages.

On psychedelics very unusual experiences are possible like meeting other entities and feeling as if you go to other dimensions / different worlds. There are different theories about what happens if you trip like that, people have different opinions, but I would strongly suggest that there is no real compelling reason to believe that there is anything objectively true about the psychedelic experiences, and it may even be bad for mental health if the trip is not integrated and processed with due skepticism.

What we know is that the psychedelic drugs affect the way our brain works and our brain constructs our sense of reality and all of our experiences for us. The brain can also produce imagination and fantasy if 'triggered' in a certain way. The simplest explanation therefore is that psychedelics act to trigger our brain to produce imagination and fantasy as if you are dreaming, but while you are awake. Just as much as you should doubt that your dreams are real you should doubt that a psychedelic trip is real.

But that does not necessarily make it any less magical in my opinion. It is still astonishing. And even if it does feel less 'special' or fantastical, it is not a good argument to choose something else over the truth accepting that as true instead just because it sounds more extraordinary.

By all means, trip in a forest some day (though maybe not the first time! And also take a sober person with you), and ask questions. It can be a great experience and lesson to you, even if the truth is that the answers come deep from within yourself (where you may be more wise than you realize yet), rather than an actual being made of light answering them, for example.

Take it with a grain of salt. :)

Thanks, and I would love to dabble more in the world of psychedelics but my current situation wouldn't permit it. I am in college and still live with the parents for another 2 years :( I am very eager to try them but I can wait. I'm just very interested in the idea that I might be able to go so far that I can ask all questions and receive answers, and maybe like I said go into another world or reality and contact someone or something. To me, that would be the perfect trip. I am seeking more than just the typical walls breathing and faces morphing "trippy" OEVs. I actually want to journey into another realm/world/reality. If possible of course :)

You have to learn how to walk before you can fly. There are serious risks involved with super heavy tripping, and I'm not sure that 'seeking answers' and being open to suggestion improves that.

I used to have a lot of deep questions, and tripping made all of that pretty complicated. It involved years of searching and a lot of pain. (Well a lot of it was also beautiful, interesting and special but still). Also it messed with my college studies. I don't blame the psychedelics, but I do know now that things are not as simple as I thought they were.

Not sure what kind of questions you have that we are talking about here and how personal they are but it may not be as simple as you are imagining it now. For example if someone wants to meet the spirits of loved ones who have passed away, that fact can be the cause of experiencing things related to that. I think it is important to see that those things probably come from within yourself when that happens. Psychedelia means mind-manifestation: the desires, wishes, questions that live inside you come to the surface and are shaped and projected in a trip. But it can seem like the experiences come from somewhere else, which is a tricky illusion.
Likewise asking philosophical questions can be the start of a very complex discussion with subconscious parts of yourself. Given a lot of time and experience, answers can come... but they are not handed down by god, you manifest it yourself.

You would probably do well to read a couple of parabels of say Icarus or Prometheus right about now.

You have to learn how to walk before you can fly. There are serious risks involved with super heavy tripping, and I'm not sure that 'seeking answers' and being open to suggestion improves that.

I used to have a lot of deep questions, and tripping made all of that pretty complicated. It involved years of searching and a lot of pain. (Well a lot of it was also beautiful, interesting and special but still). Also it messed with my college studies. I don't blame the psychedelics, but I do know now that things are not as simple as I thought they were.

Not sure what kind of questions you have that we are talking about here and how personal they are but it may not be as simple as you are imagining it now. For example if someone wants to meet the spirits of loved ones who have passed away, that fact can be the cause of experiencing things related to that. I think it is important to see that those things probably come from within yourself when that happens. Psychedelia means mind-manifestation: the desires, wishes, questions that live inside you come to the surface and are shaped and projected in a trip. But it can seem like the experiences come from somewhere else, which is a tricky illusion.
Likewise asking philosophical questions can be the start of a very complex discussion with subconscious parts of yourself. Given a lot of time and experience, answers can come... but they are not handed down by god, you manifest it yourself.

You would probably do well to read a couple of parabels of say Icarus or Prometheus right about now.

That makes sense. I like the idea of the answers/wisdom coming from within myself. It makes sense and I have always heard people describe shrooms as a journey within yourself. I guess I will just have to wait until the time comes and experience it for myself. And I'm not familiar with Icarus or Prometheus ha

Sounds like you have the right idea, in my opinion. :)

I guess just have a little patience and soon enough the time will come. Read plenty of reports meanwhile and do some research that may prepare you best as possible.

Don't worry I was referring to some mythical 'stories' meant to be a symbolical lesson of warning here. :)

Sounds like you have the right idea, in my opinion. :)

I guess just have a little patience and soon enough the time will come. Read plenty of reports meanwhile and do some research that may prepare you best as possible.

Don't worry I was referring to some mythical 'stories' meant to be a symbolical lesson of warning here. :)

Ok thanks again. and gotcha maybe i'll check them out ;)

mexxel;

I think if you have questions for yourself, ask them now, don't save them up
wisdom has a very short shelf life.
questions maybe even shorter.
and you don't need to be stoned to be on a quest, or to consider the deepest questions.

your self can see through your self.
make friends now and practice being honest with yourself, no telling where it could lead.

mexxel;

and you don't need to be stoned to be on a quest, or to consider the deepest questions.

make friends now and practice being honest with yourself, no telling where it could lead.

My questions are things such as:
Is there really a god? What is my life purpose? What will happen when I die?

^ good questions, most of us human beings ask ourselves these kind of questions. the truth is that even psychedelics cannot really answer those. if you take tripping seriously, you might get answers, but be prepared that what you'll get will probably be completely different to your expectations.

is there really a god? and what happens when we die? Are unfortunately questions that you can never be sure about sadly. You will never be able to know these things. I grappled with these questions for about a decade and still do. While I still like to ponder the first, I have come to believe that answer to the 2nd is...nothing, but hey nobody can be sure of anything and theres always more room to ponder these things and consider alternative.

psychedelics will not give the answers I'm afraid, but they will definitely make you think about these things even more.

Interesting questions... I have thought about these, and I have come with my own answers. But that was a long time before any tripping. I guess everyone has slightly different answers...

Guys correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems to me that DMT would be way more efficient than shrooms to go into "another world". It probably depends on the doses of course. I've tried shrooms, but not DMT. DMT seems really immersive.

The closest I've been to "other worlds", and also feeling a presence in my trip, was with salvia.

My questions are things such as:
Is there really a god? What is my life purpose? What will happen when I die?

many people visit these questions from time to time

But that is a very tall order to take to a psychedelic confrontation, it is more suitably a life quest, if these questions are your life, then the mushrooms will neither harm nor help you, just give you another view during the few timeless hours you have together.

Many people come back with answers to these questions from a mushroom trip, but these were not the questions of any personal life quest, so what they come back with is often embarrassingly absurd.

I assure you - you do not want to be another half baked psychedelic mystic.

actually ime psychedelics can indeed give answers to those question - or rather make those questions obsolete.
one big danger with psychedelics is that you might get answers you cannot accept or that the influx of new information is so massive, that you forget what your question were.
you will leave a strong psychedelic experience (one that gives you "answers") not as the same person as the one that entered. psychedelics may rock your whole view of the world and yourself in it.
imagine if you got definite answers of your questions. could you go on with your life? how would you deal with your new knowledge? how would other people deal with your alleged knowledge? at this point the psychedelic journey often turns sour...but this is also the point where the biggest benefits lie. acquiring and fully integrating a "psychedelic mindset" is hard work and requires maturity.

btw: no need for "other worlds", "spirits" and so on. visit a secluded&beautiful place with a few close ones and take a full dose of mushrooms (~3,5g). one of the biggest lessons of psychedelics is that we actually roam in paradise - but are blind to it. *SPOILER* ;)

mexxel;

I really like this post. :)

An airbender trip; hmm, maybe in a dream state . You wont be air bending on magic mushrooms etc.