• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos is alcohol cross tolerant with benzos?

newbiecodone

Bluelighter
Hi guys I am just WDing from hydromorfon I had made it to day 5 today.

Yesterday I received 30mgs off alprazolam I have been a casual user of alprazolam when I was on subs. Like one week on alprazolam maximum dose 3 to 4 mgs a day. than I had to wait 3 to 4 weeks to get to any benzos since my source was a guy who was paralized but had his doctor has overprescribed a shitton of alprazolam to him so he sold it to me for very fair prices in comparison to what I found on internet.

yesteday he sent me a package of 30 mgs of alprazolam now yesterday I was still feeling shitty like mornings and ninghts were the worst I allready started to see that my bowels are getting better etc... but I still had that feeling of I cant do anything just lay in my bed and maybe read a book when I am feeling good enough or watch a documentary or something.

Yesterday I took 6 mgs alprazolam and I just had after 4 days the longest fucking sleep I had. Actually it 1:44 PM and I still did not take anything I had a few beers some food went to shop right after I woke up with comfidence I am a very shy person when I am not satisfied with my looks specialy my hair embarasing :D sorry I have a GF and stuff so I have to look on point if you know what I mean :) or in work I have to be looking normal in regards to my hrair and outfit.

now I took 6 mgs in the almost before evening I had the best sleep beutifull dreams it and generaly I feel like either day 5 if WDs and its getting better or I am a bezo addict but I dont feel the symptoms of benzo
addiction no ringin in ears or sinuses hurt or electrical stuff in spine whathewer my main problem was diarrhorea throwing up and absolute ruthles insomnia for the first three days on day 4 I had som disturbed sleep until like 4:30 AM with some disturbed dreams omg you dont wanna know fucking nightmare. then on day 4 I got the package and took the alprazolam did not get me feeling much better but got rid of RLS and stuff and then when it was arround 11PM I fel a sleep.

I had beutiful dreams and it was just rejuvinating :) I havent slept for a long time.

TO GET TO THE POINT!
---------------------------------------
I bought 1,5L of european Beer Iam from EU just so I dont take so much alprazolam because 6mgs is a bit much but I have a tollerance i took benzos 1 week out of a month almost every month but I was on subs too
so those 3 weeks without benzos I havent felt anything much than a bit of rebound anxiety. If I drink a bit of beer and took just 2 mgs of alprazolam would that be less of a threath of benzo addiction or is it the same because alcohol and benzos are both GABA angonists.

Thank you for your advice

Benzos and alcohol are cross tolerant, yes.

That sounds like it could be a bad idea, mixing benzos and alcohol can potentiate the depressant effect and lead to a blackout, or in worst case fatal respiratory depression if you ever overdosed.

If you're able to go three weeks at a time without benzo's than I think you're fine.

You're best off only using one or the other in a single day.

I have had many stupid things happen to me by combining these substances, as I'm sure many others do as well.

They are likely cross tolerant but only a little bit in my experience, much less than people think. For example, I used to drink a lot and when I took .5 mg of xanax and it knocked me out. All the drinking I had done in the prior months did not prevent the benzo from working, AT ALL. Same thing happened to my friend who had been alcoholic for years, when he was prescribed klonopin. Low dose knocked him straight out. Also when I stopped drinking for a while and was taking lots of benzos, my alcohol tolerance went down.

However in regard to your question, I would not recommend mixing alcohol and benzos. If you want to use alcohol to keep your tolerance to benzos lower, than on a day when you would normally use benzos, just drink some alcohol instead but do not mix them.

I'm not sure what your question is. I guess if you need the medicine (Alprazolam) and you're low on pills for some reason, you should wean down to .5mg. Some people go lower but I find no difference in going below that as it doesn't work at all for me

To the last part, you can certainly combine ethanol and benzodiazepines but don't drive a vehicle anywhere, please. I have blacked out on that combination and not done anything reckless, but you'll forget what you did and that's not a good feeling; even if you do it on purpose (like me), just be careful and wise about what's about to happen. You won't remember what you did so don't get mad if something bad happened