• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Is a sublingual valium taper a good idea or bad idea versus an oral valium taper?

chrisinabox

Bluelighter
Been tapering down with valium after benzo tolerance started to get too high, just wondering if taking valium sublingual during the taper instead of orally is a good idea or not? I've read that sublingual can last a shorter amount of time, thus making the time between doses harder to endure, and of course taking any pill while on a full stomach reduces the effects as well.

I'm trying to lower my benzo tolerance mainly because I'm also tapering off of suboxone strips (am at 0.25mg per day 1x/day), but want to stay on the benzos, but at low doses, so I can sleep and not suffer as much during the suboxone withdrawal/taper. I am much more mentally addicted to the suboxone and it is harder for me to taper down with than benzo pills, so I figure the suboxone cessation first will help as opposed to the opposite of benzos first, or both at same time (ouch).

I'm on day 8 of the val taper already, been barely getting 3-4 hours sleep per night, and got my val taper down to roughly 20mg (10mg twice per day, second time right before bed so I can sleep), and I believe I am experiencing some real sleep deprivation/depersonalization issues among many other issues, including weird ones like extreme sensitivity to food that I didn't used to be sensitive at all to (very strange to me), so in summary, if I seem like I'm not making sense at some point, that is the reason. But I think I am during writing this post.

Sorry to the mods if this is already a megathread or wrong section.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Sublingual vs oral won't really make a difference.

Sure, it may come on quicker by a few minutes, but considering how Diazepam has an elimination half-life of ~48 hours and excellent oral bioavailability, it's not really going to affect your dosing intervals.

^Agreed. Should be fine - there's a high bioavailability either way, and it shouldnt affect the halflife.

Update: I took 5mg valium sublingually 4 hours ago, and it actually felt stronger than me taking 15mg orally, BUT when I ate some food, suddenly it is like the feeling just went away. I thought sublingual was supposed to bypass the stomach/liver aspect of ingesting the valium? Or is this maybe the withdrawal or food sensitivity I mentioned earlier playing with my head possibly? All I know is I know longer feel it, I feel stimulated now, kind of the opposite, but also not bad, like from withdrawal. I don't know, it's fucking weird.

Any ideas? Was hoping this might help, especially the having a full stomach when taking it orally part..