Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Is A Limitless-Like Drug Possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LandsUnknown

Bluelighter
I have wondered about this. No, nothing I have ever taken has caused such effects. Yes, Adderall (and even Benzedrex to a degree) tends to make me more productive and overall puts me in a good mood (especially Benzedrex on the mood part, especially Adderall on the productivity side of things). Now, never once have I taken anything that caused effects like the Limitless guy, nor have I known about or read anything about anyone who has. Nor do I think such a drug currently exists, as it likely does not. Frankly, all the stimulants I have taken have been a matter of "take the right dose and you're a bit more focused and thus more productive...... but if you take too much, you'll still get a moderate or minor boost in your focus but you'll generally feel tweaked out and shitty and have a crappier comedown. Nothing remotely NZT-like about any stim. The 'nootropics' on the market are largely bunk I'm guessing, though I can't say for sure as I've never taken any, just anecdotal evidence here. However, with further research, could a Limitless like drug be possible. Something that literally caused one to develop superhuman like intelligence. I would honestly say that I've been in a state of "superhuman intelligence" while tripping, though the insights and ideas were simply things that couldn't be put into words and couldn't be put into words while sober. What are your thoughts? Could "NZT" ever be developed? Or is it physiologically impossible? If it ever is developed, I'll be the first guy in line to take it. Well, maybe not actually the first since there'd be lots of people looking for it....... but one of the first for sure =D

What is "super human intelligence?" Also why do you think you got SHI while tripping?

I've been in states while on stimulants and psychedelics where i had extreme situational awareness, an extremely heightened sense of mechanical, theoretical, and social systems. Would you consider the that super human? It was certainly a unique state and i actually learn a lot in those short bursts of time i get to that state.

I doubt we'll ever have a side effect or withdrawal free drug that causes super intelligence. We might get close since drugs we have right now can induce these effects. Even if we can create a drug with no consequences our brains will still adapt in a way that will eventually deaden the effects.

No I don't think it's possible. Such extreme intelligent might well be possible, but almost certainly requires structural changes in the brain that simply can't be done with a drug.

I agree with Jess, honestly I believe that even if it were possible through the use of a drug that it would probably cause severe psychological damage for that large of a change to happen so quickly.

Ask the pharmaceutical & genetic engineers in Russia that question. They are forever striving to achieve EXACTLY what you're describing. But like Jess & tubbs point out: the socio-emotional affects of most the chemicals the Russians come up with are NOT pretty.

You sound like a young person, OP. If this topic is of great interest to you, perhaps seek a formal education in the field. Pharmaceutical Research & Genetic Engineering are a big deal, seemingly more so abroad than in the USA (*although I think it's bigger than what we Hear About, here in the States).

Very interesting.

I've thought about that before.... and my conclusion was no its not possible... reason being it doesnt make sense from an evolutionary standpoint why our brains would be capable of all this extra power but never use it. All drugs do is use existing neurotransmitters or receptor sites to trigger certain feelings in us that were already there before taking the drug. Why would we have dormant super computers in our brains? What biological advantage would that serve? It would be useless and youd probably die first from burning more calories... then boom... out of the gene pool.

Status
Not open for further replies.