• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Is 80mg Adderall XR a dangerous amount

SubCeramic98

Greenlighter
Can someone just give me any past expirences with maybe too much adderall? I don?t know if this is something that is 911 serious or not. Is there anything I can do to help calm down a little

I'm assuming you feel very over amped. Well I am no doctor by all means, but I do use lots of stimulants, and have over amped many times. I think you should be okay health wise. I dont know your body weight or predisposition to things so its hard to tell. I dont know what other kinds of medications you have on hand, but if you happened upon some kind of benzo, that will definitely help. Do you enjoy stimulants? ...and the reason you took 80mg is because your previous lower doses didn't give you the effect you were after?

In any case, I suppose if you can trust you will be okay, get cozy on the couch with the tv or something, and not give any additional anxiety to the matter, or physical activity, I think you should be okay. I know anti-psychotics will block the effects of the amps, I take seroquel to 'cancel' out my meth highs. I would like to say benzos are highly effective in coming down! you shouldn't need much if you dont normally take them, or if you do, even then, a regular dose should do the trick. Fast acting benzos like xanax, valium, ativan will provide excellent relief. If you have klonopin, i suppose just be patient lol.

I have limited experience with alcohol, however with its gabaergic activity, and being a CNS suppressant, i'd think it should help. however ethanol does a lot of more things pharmacological, vs benzos or other medications. And yeah, you could hardly feel the effects of certain CNS depressants like you normally would, I can't suggest that would mean to take more, but.... For the most part in dealing with over amping, my knowledge is mostly based on taking other medications to counter it. And its hard to suggest taking other drugs.

Over amping normally is not ever really considered lethal. However based on a variety of factors and predispositions to your current health status, body weight, and medications, its possible you could take something to counter the ampage and in fact make the lethality factor worse, for a stroke or heart attack. I know most people will say you cant overdose. But that's them. I personally dont agree. However i also think there is more to it than just taking too much speed.

In all honesty, if you feel in pain, and are breathing heavily, having hot-cold sweats, experiencing tremors, and fearing for your life, Call 911! Dont risk it!

Also lay down, dont do much physically. if you are hot, drink cold water or something, and if you are cold, get warm. My understanding of being on speed is its important to stay cool!

There are people who can handle speed or a specific substance like adderall in your case, and those who can't. And I'm assuming you've taken it before and enjoyed it, hense you got to where you are now with the larger amount you've taken.

Last edited: