• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Is 40ml of Methadone a high dose?

It depends. If you have recently being put into a MMT you should normally start with 30 mg. It's often not enough for heroin addicts because of their intense use of heroin or other strong opiates.

Methadone is a strong medication and it's indicated to be used to treat opiate addiction, to taper the symptoms of withdrawals. It's stronger than morphine. I have read once that 20 mg of methadone is equivalent to 10 mg of IM morphine. Idk for sure if that is the precise correlation but it's definitely stronger. I'd be careful with that dose. But again I don't know anything about your tolerance to opiates.

Well I'm on treatment and trying to get clean. I was doing 600mg Codeine daily and I was prescribed 30ml daily. They done titration on me though. I started on Friday at 20ml, then Sat, Sun and Mon I was on 25ml and Tuesday I was on 30ml.

It's Wednesday now and I seen the Doctor again and he asked me how things were etc but because of the morning on Saturday I still had some withdrawal symptoms and had to take a few DHc tablets to ease them off they've putten me on 40ml daily.

Anyway Erikman. Do you know if there is anything to help with swallowing while on Methadone. I find it REALLY hard to swallow while using methadone.

When I started MMT I was on 40mg for my first dose ever (Male, 5'9", 75kg)so I would say yes this is a low dose as I'm not a 'large' human and was far too low a dose for me.

Problem with swallowing might be due to methadone but mire probably the stress you're going trough because of withdrawal, as Nagelfar pointed out it's not much of a big dose especially if you were taking 600mg codeine daily which builds up in the body so consider you were on 1g/day at your highest.