View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Is 1000 mg of DXM dangerous?

greenlight2848

Ex-Bluelighter
I have lots of experience with DXM and might go for 1000 mg because I'm not too sure if I've experienced the 4th plateau yet. The highest dose I have taken is probably around 600-700 mg. I know I've dosed up to 600 mg before, but their was one time that I took at least 600 mg but it could have been around 700 or 800 but I don't remember how much, all I remember is that I took at least 600 and it might have been more but probably was around 700. If I take 1000 mg will I be ok afterwards?

I mean 1,000mg is a really high dose for DXM, probably the absolute maximum you would want to try since higher doses can lead to uncomfortable physical side effects or maybe even a trip to the hospital.
If you do plan on doing this ensure you have a trip sitter around as you'll be HEAVILY dissociated and some people have the tendency to want to get up and move around on DXM

Depends on your weight really, and if you are on other medications such as SSRI,SNRI,MAOI.
You can use this link to calculate the dxm plateau by dosage and weight, which I used.

http://dxm.darkridge.com/calc.html

Im 6'2 255 lb and have done 1800mg many times, and 2100mg a few times. (Seriously don't take above 2000mg under any circumstanses)

2100!!! Damn that's a lot even for someone at your weight. Unfortunately, I wont be able to have a trip sitter present at the time so I will probably just lay down for most of it. I hope I don't get sick, a trip that intense while being sick and puking would suck. If anybody knows, will I even remember the experience at this dose or will I blackout? If I won't even remember it, then their is no point in even attempting this. I calculated it and 1000 would be around 4th plateau.