• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Is 100 mg of both hydroxyzine and Benadryl safe

Alien47

Bluelighter
Sry if this is in the wrong section of the forums. Nevered ask a question if this topic.

Now I know I shouldn?t take that much of either of them but I have been having ALOT of trouble sleeping lately and 4 Benadryl just doesn?t do it. But then I found some hydroxyzine and heard they use it for sedation. So my question is it safe, will I be fine, will I be maybe sick, hella sick, dead lol.

Actually with antihistamines the sedating effect is stronger with the smaller doses so you need to take less not more.

Really?!?
But I thought that the whole reason it makes u tired is because they sometimes block certain receptors in the brain that help control sleep and being awake. So wouldn?t by increasing the amount in ur body result in a higher likely hood of more receptors in that area of the brain being blocked and therefore make u tired? I don?t really know a whole lot about antihistamines except the basics of them. Why is it that they make u less tired the u take? U have honestly peaked my interest ?

Last edited:
Yeah there is a ceiling effect and after that those will stop being sedating.

Same as with some psych meds that have antihistamine reaction too such as Mirtazapine. Half or a quarter of a pill makes you sleepy.

So root, it wouldnt make u less drowsy after taking so much but would just peak its effectiveness of making u drowsy?

Last edited:
If you take more than the ceiling effect you start feeling sleepy when the excess amount has worn off.

Higher doses can be quite deliriant so be aware. I learned about antihistamines the hard way and dosed more than necessary...

Ok that?s makes sense. Thanks for the responses guys, u not only answered my question very well but I learned some shit from u guys and as a nerd I found it all cool to know. Reading the word nerd in that last sentence just sounds so weird on a drug forum. U wouldn?t think to find us here. We?re a rare breed ?. Naw but seriously thanks guys ?

There is a shitload of nerds, they know everything about neurochemistry and pharamacology and whatnot :D If you think drug forums are full of stupid uneducated lost crackheads than you have been successfully brainwashed by fucking anti-drug propaganda :D :D :D

Precisely. People have their dirty little secrets... Whether they are Doctors, Firefighters, Engineers, etc. etc. And they are on this forum.