View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

IPA Mescaline Yield?

:^)

Greenlighter
Has anyone ever done an A/B extraction on the solid cactus remains of an IPA extraction to determine the yield of IPA extractions? Or know of anyone doing this? If and A/B yielded little/no actives, and IPA extraction would have to be the cheapest and easiest extraction tek.

I'm definitely curious as well. I have an IPA extracted resin from 13 lbs/5 feet of San Pedro that I'll be splitting with another person in two weeks. I'm not interested in doing an a/b, though. Avoiding it was the primary reason I did the alcohol extraction. I've done plenty of research, it seems like no one is really interested in the process so I doubt you'll get much useful info. The highly variable percentage of mescaline in the commonly available cactus varieties makes this that much harder.

Yield will be highly variable. IPA won't selectively extract mescaline, it will also pull all sorts of other shit from the cactus too.

Doldrugs, certainly you don't mean splitting a 13lb dose between 2 people.?

And despite the variability problem, this 'experiment' could be very useful. As far as I can tell, if an A/B on the remains yielded little/no alkaloids and the product of the IPA was found to be decently active, you could deduce that the IPA extraction had a very high yield. Anyone agree?

Alternatively (and more complexly), one could use one batch of powdered cactus that had been sufficiently mixed to be considered homogeneous. One could then perform an IPA extraction on one half, an A/B on the other, then A/B the remains from the IPA and compare the alkaloid weight of the two A/B extractions. This method makes a few assumptions that would need to be worked through.

Last edited:
Doldrugs, certainly you don't mean splitting a 13lb dose between 2 people.?

I do. It's whole cactus, with core. It's about 5 feet. I tried about 2 pounds worth as a potency test and had no effects I couldn't attribute to placebo. My lady friend experienced very light body sensations for about an hour. I'm estimating obviously because it's extracted.