• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Ionic air cleaning vs plant's

emkee_reinvented

Bluelighter
My neighbour has an Ioinic air purifier. I used to own a simple one without ventilator or filter's. Some knowledgeable personable did advise me on my device as dangerous, as the Ozone generated isn't actually save. And the resulting reaction product's neither, of Ozone/ O3 and the substance's in the next paragraph. They fall to the ground, just where my kid's and pet's are.

Recently I chose plant's to do the job. Some of em clean up Formaldehyde, Xylene, Benzene and trichloroethylene. A.o. I am living in a very dirty spot, not even having new furniture. Which contains at least loads of these chemicals.

Some of these plant's even produce Oxygen at night.

All plants have similar capabilities to manufacture oxygen. They all take carbon dioxide in, separate the carbon for their use and exhale oxygen.

Some plants like spider plants are better than others in removing chemicals from the air.

I've also heard they are unsafe. Breathing in ionized particles irritates the lungs and mucous membranes.

And those quack negative ion bracelets that magically heal you don't do shit except expose you to radiation.

Talks about the air ionizers as well. All scams.

All plants have similar capabilities to manufacture oxygen. They all take carbon dioxide in, separate the carbon for their use and exhale oxygen.

Some plants like spider plants are better than others in removing chemicals from the air.
These two specific ones Chlorophytum, you call em spider plants over here its called student's grain and Sanseveria, produce air at night. most plants do it at daytime.

And those quack negative ion bracelets that magically heal you don't do shit except expose you to radiation.

Talks about the air ionizers as well. All scams.

They create Ozone, oxygen being O2 ionized creates Ozone/ O3, making chemical's instead of hanging suspended into the air drop to the floor.

The exact place your kid's and pet's recide. You don't want that, right?