View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Invivo metabolism of 1-p-lsd

FungousSneeze

Bluelighter
Can anyone provide any insight as to what enzymes may be involved in the purported metabolism of 1-p-lsd into lsd.

Ive heard it is claimed to be active on its own but the little research thats been done on it supports the claim of it being metabolized into lsd.

I ask because i am taking medications that have been problematic by inhibiting liver enzymes from metabolizing other prodrugs into more desirable compounds.

Edit: i also wanted to add that ive recently begun researching this chemical starting with an allergy test at 10ug and then 25ug.

Neither time produced any notable effects. On 25ug of lsd or al-lad ive certainly noticed peripheral effects and sometimes a mild trip or hints at lower test doses.

The substance came from a reliable vendor and has been stored in an amber vile, free of moisture, wrapped in foil and cellophane, in the freezer. No factors lead me to believe its degraded in any way.

Last edited:
Check out this study: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/dta.1884/full

The authors show that 1p-LSD is slightly less potent than LSD in vivo, and that incubation of 1P-LSD in human serum results in the detection of LSD. It's unlikely to be the result of the CYP liver enzymes, as those are primarily in the liver. It's not mentioned in the paper, but in personal communications with one of the authors, Dr. Halberstadt told me that there are multiple enzymes capable of cleaving the propionyl group including a few peroxidases, acetylcholinesterase, and a third one that I don't recall the name of.

Perfect. Thats all i was looking for. Much appreciated lamaBonobo.

I see no reason why ive reacted to most other lysergamides on these medications but not 1-p-lsd.

Perhaps many other physical as well as mental variables at play.

Nowhere to go but up. If 50ug or 100ug doesnt deliver (which i think it most likely will at higher doses) then im calling it quits on this chemical.

I just dont have time in my day as of late to be testing these due to the long duration. I was just trying to rule out other factors

Last edited: