Mental Health Invega sustenna muscle stiffness please help

earwiggs

Greenlighter
Following my first invega injection I developed many problems, worst of all intense lower back stiffness. This has now developed into stiffness all over most of my body and continues to worsen everyday. I have been off 150mg+ 100mg + 75mg x 3 for over 5 months. I was a high level soccer player and now it’s difficult to jog. My stride is short and lopsided. It’s like the invega has also changed the way my body moves.

Has anyone experienced muscle stiffness and can share how many shots and how long it took to recover? Please share looking for hope.

Take to your doctor about eps (extrapyrimidal symptoms) antipsychotics can block important dopamine receptors involved with muscle control. They may prescribe you a drug to combat these sides such as an anticholinergic like benztropine.

Take to your doctor about eps (extrapyrimidal symptoms) antipsychotics can block important dopamine receptors involved with muscle control. They may prescribe you a drug to combat these sides such as an anticholinergic like benztropine.

Was given benztropine it wasn’t doing anything. One person recommended Wellbutrin as it helped him however he wasn’t dealing so much with muscle stiffness. Can you speak from experience regarding eps or Wellbutrin?

How much benzotropine doses vary. I take 4 mg everyday. Chances are they of given 0.25 mg. I no longer take antipsychotics but i believe it was very effective for the muscle issues i had but not for drowsiness.

How much benzotropine doses vary. I take 4 mg everyday. Chances are they of given 0.25 mg. I no longer take antipsychotics but i believe it was very effective for the muscle issues i had but not for drowsiness.
Can you share how many shots, how long off what drugs? What muscles issues did you have? How long did you take benzotropine for? How long until muscle issues went away? Besides muscles and drowsiness did you have the need to urinate frequently? Did you wake up in 2-3 hr increments at night? Thanks for writing me.

That happens a lot after a shot when your muscle tightens when the needle is inserted. Should be going away noticably each day.

That happens a lot after a shot when your muscle tightens when the needle is inserted. Should be going away noticably each day.
No man the shot was in my shoulder. The shoulder pain went away after 3 days. Back became immediately tight and tightness began develop in upper back and legs later. It’s apparently to do with drug induced Parkinson’s. I used to be shaky and couldn’t stay still. Thankfully that passed.

Yes, that happens. OP is however talking about the serious muscle stiffness that heavy APs cause.

Yes, I've been on benztropine for invegas ridiculous akathisia. It didn't help. Only benadryl and time helped.

For restlessness/akathisia, whichever they deemed it to be, not stiffness. Wsa replying to the above post.

Was invega your first antipsychotic experience? Haldol did that for me cogentin helped and now I’m on invega sustenna 254mg since 2013. The first shot gave a rush where all you could do is make the wrong move. Cbd instead but the shot uses force of insurance profiting.