• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Intrathecal Pain Pump

AngelDown

Greenlighter
Hello....I am 49, with CRPS for the last 4 years, getting progressively worse. After 4 years the decision was made to go with a Pain Pump. Using either Morphine or Dilaudid. I have a few questions. Am I gonna feel doped up all the time? Tired & sleepy? Or will I just get completely used to the opiates, & not notice it much after a while? Currently I'm taking 7.5 Percocet every 4 hours. I'm certain I could request a dose increase, but ive been trying to avoid taking pills. Any feedback is helpful.

My mom has sever chronic pain and has this very thing....I asked her to share her insight. She's also a retired nurse.

I have the same type of pump and though it doesn't cure my joint problems, it helps with the pain so I can move again and walk much better. They start out at the LEAST dose in the pump and there are only micrograms of the medication going in, so I remain clear headed. After a year and a half, I am only using much less than a quarter of a milligram. I can give myself a bolus of medication with a small electro magnet. All I feel when I get a dose is that the pain leaves. You can't overdose yourself because the magnet device will lock you out if it's too soon. I highly recommend a pump for those with severe intractable pain!