View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

International Ayahuasca Drug Laws

Dr. Dimitri

Greenlighter
A specific countries banned drug list shows NN-Dimethytriptamine as a restricted substance but does that still apply to it in its plant form or only in its freebase form?

I am aware the UN treaty ruled that Ayahuasca plant preparations are not under international control unless the country specificaly rulled against it like America & Australia but how do I know whether the customs man isn't going to label it as DMT anyhoo?

The same goes for Psilocybin Magic Mushrooms. The banned drug list states both Psilocybin and Psilocin are scheduled but what about when its not just the chemical but when in its in natural mushroom form?

I can't make sense of this:

The isomers, unless specifically excepted, of the drugs in this Part whenever
the existence of such isomers is possible within the specific chemical designation;

The esters and ethers, unless appearing in another Part, of the drugs in this
Schedule whenever the existence of such esters or ethers is possible;

The salts of the drugs listed in this Part, including the salts of esters, ethers
and isomers as provided above whenever the existence of such salts is possible

In the UK a couple of years ago the police raided and arrested vendors who were selling powdered mimosa rootbark - the police claimed 10kg of rootbark was equivalent to 10kg of the class A drug DMT. I'm not aware of how it all ended up but most UK vendors now only sell whole rootbark.

In the UK the mushroom law was changed in 2005 to include the fresh mushroom. They also jigged the law so they could ban mycelium growkits - perhaps that's what all the bollocks about esters is.