Interesting look at PCT

Daz-69

Bluelighter
An interesting look at PCT:

As you approach the start of PCT, as your steroids dissipate you introduce an Aromatase Inhibitor. You do this to reduce the amount of estrogen conversion that takes place.

Your externally administered testosterone will drop to nothing and you will not be producing testosterone as you start PCT. So you want to make sure that you have reduced estrogen as well.

This is just going into PCT. You want to create a situation where both estrogen and testosterone will rise together. So the AI of your choice should be used in the last 2 weeks of the cycle and immediately discontinued at the start of PCT.

The choice of SERM and duration may vary but PCT should always start with Clomid. You do not need a huge dose in the first few days.

Here is what to do:
Start with Clomid for three weeks and reduce the dosage and overlap it with Nolva in week four. Dose Nolva for 3 weeks thereafter.

In the first 3 weeks of PCT use insulin everyday or attempt to increase local IGF-1 w/ Mod GRF (1-29)/GHRPs or both. Use GHRH/GHRP everyday

After 7 weeks in the last day of Nolva introduce an AI and run that by itself for three or four days.

Then introduce some lower/moderate Nettle Root extract. What you want to do is slightly increase the free test by occupying just a little SHBG. You don't want to do anything but make a very slight impact. You want to be able to use the Nettle Root for 3 months and have it be effective this entire time AND do not want it to cause shedding! A prostate pinch is not a good sign either.

If your hair starts to shed you either messed up or it is time to stop. See when you increase free test more test will be converted to DHT.

After 3 months drop the nettle root extract. The slight increase in free test helps support strength ever so slightly.

Thats about it. PCTs as you can see are very long. But they are designed to recover from 6 month cycles. PCT is about as long as the cycle.

Then stay off and learn to be natural again for another 6 months or more.

In my opinion this approach can allowed you to fully recover after years of experimentation.​

Addendum

Another thing I forgot to mention is don't wait for the steroid ester to completely clear before starting Clomid. Start w/ moderate dosed Clomid EOD or lower dose ED during the time wait for longer esters to clear.

This is relevant for something like Cypionate.... so during the 16 days it takes to clear dose Clomid.

Also HCG is sometimes used but only during the least two weeks before PCT starts. you may choose to dose 1000mcg EOD (5 dosings) for 10 days.

A SERM is not a SERM is not a SERM.

Clomid does more then act as an anti-estrogen in certain tissues. In the pituitary it acts as an estrogen, sensitizing pituitary cells to the actions of gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH). This stimulates release of FSH & LH. Enclomid the active anti-estrogenic component of Clomid is as effective as Clomid in this regard.

Tamoxifen (an anti-estrogen) is completely ineffective.

Clomid mediates the positive effect at the estrogen receptor.

Both Clomid and tamoxifen are almost equally effective at binding to the pituitary estrogen receptor. As noted Tamoxifen has no estrogen mediated effect in terms of an ability to increase GnRH-stimulated release of FSH & LH. What it does is just occupy the receptors...or block them so that E2 or Clomid can not have a positive influence.

That isn't what we want in the first few weeks of PCT. That is why not to use Tamoxifen in those early weeks.

Here is one of several studies demonstrating what I refer to:

Disparate effect of clomiphene and tamoxifen on pituitary gonadotropin release in vitro, E. Y. Adashi, A. J. Hsueh, T. H. Bambino and S. S. Yen, AJP - Endocrinology and Metabolism, Vol 240, Issue 2 125-E130

The direct effects of clomiphene citrate (Clomid), tamoxifen, and estradiol (E2) on the gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH)-stimulated release of luteinizing hormone (LH) and follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH) were studied in cultured anterior pituitary cells obtained from adult ovariectomized rats. Treatment of pituitary cells with Clomid or enclomid (10(-8) M) in vitro for 2 days resulted in a marked sensitization of the gonadotroph to GnRH as reflected by a 6.5-fold decrease in the ED50 of GnRH in terms of LH release from 2.2 x 10(-9) M in untreated cells to 3.6 x 10(-10) M.

Treatment with E2 or Clomid also increased the sensitivity of the gonadotroph to GnRH in terms of FSH release by 4.3- and 3.3-fold respectively.

Tamoxifen, a related antiestrogen, comparable to Clomid in terms of its ability to compete with E2 for pituitary estrogen receptors, was without effect on the GnRH-stimulated LH release at a concentration of 10(-7) M. Furthermore, tamoxifen, unlike Clomid, caused an apparent but not statistically significant inhibition of the sensitizing effect of E2 on the GnRH-stimulated release of LH. Our findings suggest that Clomid and its Enclomid isomer, unlike tamoxifen, exert a direct estrogenic rather than an antiestrogenic effect on cultured pituitary cells by enhancing the GnRH-stimulated release of gonadotropin

Last edited by a moderator:
Great post!

Although, instead of using high doses of HCG on the last two weeks, one could use much lower doses throughout the cycle (say 100ui EOD)?

Idk man, From what ive gathered on my own is you should use an AI on cycle, to keep estro in check if needed. And in Pct too(Aromasin)

Also ive heard you DO want the ester to clear from your system before starting PCT.

And that you should use Nolva and Clomid at the same time becasue they both have different functions in starting the testes back up, and also have synergistic effects.

Can someone clarify?

I don't no much about PCT but I do know that Clomid should have a rebound effect so you want to keep Nolva at least for some time after stopping with Clomid.

You should only use an AI during the cycle if you're having any estrogen related side effects from testo, and at minimal dosage, cause it will impact your gains. Using it on the last 2 weeks regardless, to push down your estrogen, seems quite adequate to me tho.

My only concern regarding OP is that i've read (http://www.canadabodybuilding.com/showthread.php?3480-HCG-During-cycle-or-post-cycle) you shouldn't do more than 500ui of hCG on a single dose. I usually do it throughout the cycle (400ui/week).

I don't no much about PCT but I do know that Clomid should have a rebound effect so you want to keep Nolva at least for some time after stopping with Clomid.

You should only use an AI during the cycle if you're having any estrogen related side effects from testo, and at minimal dosage, cause it will impact your gains. Using it on the last 2 weeks regardless, to push down your estrogen, seems quite adequate to me tho.

My only concern regarding OP is that i've read (http://www.canadabodybuilding.com/showthread.php?3480-HCG-During-cycle-or-post-cycle) you shouldn't do more than 500ui of hCG on a single dose. I usually do it throughout the cycle (400ui/week).

A lot of guys at cuttingedgemuscle (CEM) are running 1000 IU/day of hCG for 10 days post cycle with either Clomid or Nolvadex . Again, opinions vary as to the most effective protocol and unfortunately we have little if any science to fall back on.

HCG acts like LH, stimulating the testicular Leydig cells. Probably more than anything else, testicular atrophy is what prolongs recovery. Studies have shown that post cycle, the pituitary recovers much more quickly than do the testes. In fact, after the pituitary has recovered several weeks post cycle, pituitary LH secretion becomes supraphysiological, presumably as the body tries to stimulate the still atrophied testes. Therefore if we can reduce the atrophy by keeping the testes “primed” with HCG recovery should be quicker.

Interesting Thread..!!

A commonly advocated approach is to minimize repeat off-on off-on "PCTs" and short cycles, which tend to result in diminishing hormonal recovery with each PCT.

For that reason it is prudent to put a lot more focus on the pre- and post-cycle periods. And for that matter, maximizing the efficacy of the on-cycle period, too. There is some great info here about that mostly hidden in older posts... you won't see it often repeated elsewhere. Why? Because the people on other sites buy into the commonly held advice that "if a bunch of steroid users on a public message board agree on something, it must beat what a scientist in a lab coat can tell us."

Idk man, From what ive gathered on my own is you should use an AI on cycle, to keep estro in check if needed. And in Pct too(Aromasin)

Also ive heard you DO want the ester to clear from your system before starting PCT.

And that you should use Nolva and Clomid at the same time becasue they both have different functions in starting the testes back up, and also have synergistic effects.

Can someone clarify?

Why..? If managed correctly on cycle (especially towards the end), you shouldn't need an AI in PCT as E2 should be negligible due to zero testosterone once the estered test has cleared...

Why..? If managed correctly on cycle (especially towards the end), you shouldn't need an AI in PCT as E2 should be negligible due to zero testosterone once the estered test has cleared...

If memory serves right, aromasin has been shown to increase natural test levels a bit along with boosting igf1. Though I agree, manage your shit in cycle and you won't have much to worry about post cycle as the ratio of test:dht:e2 should remained balanced.

I meant Aromasin in PCT if needed. But you are right, it wouldn't be necessary if estrogen is managed properly on cycle.

A commonly advocated approach is to minimize repeat off-on off-on "PCTs" and short cycles, which tend to result in diminishing hormonal recovery with each PCT.

Does this infer that there exists the risk of becoming permanently hypogonadal from too many off and on cycles; which would result in requiring TRT for life?

Blast/cruise all the way....it's good having complete* control all the time.

*obviously not literally.

After 7 weeks in the last day of Nolva introduce an AI and run that by itself for three or four days.

Then introduce some lower/moderate Nettle Root extract. What you want to do is slightly increase the free test by occupying just a little SHBG.​

That's the only part I don't get. Why run an AI after two months? Also, why not start taking the Nettle Root extract right after Nolva?

I think there's about as many opinions on PCT as there are people who have tried steroids (or considered them) :)

That's the only part I don't get. Why run an AI after two months? Also, why not start taking the Nettle Root extract right after Nolva?

I would assume due to a slight rebound from dropping nolva...