• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Interactions with Coke and molly while on antidepressants

xandex

Greenlighter
Hi, this is my first post and I wasn't sure where to put it because it's about drug interactions between antidepressants and recreational drugs.

I have done a lot of research and found the most common answer is that using coke or molly while on antidepressants (I am on Zoloft and Wellbutrin) can lead to serotonin syndrome. I have done small amounts of both separately while on medication and did not have any negative reactions.

However, I am hoping to use both drugs (on separate occasions) in higher quantities for special occasions. Should I taper down my medications for a few days before and not take any medication the day I plan on using? Is there another way to do this safely?

SSRI's selectively block the re-uptake of serotonin.

MDMA and cocaine both block the re-uptake of serotonin. MDMA also releases serotonin.

please don't use these drugs while on antidepressants, it is discouraged because it is simply not good for your brain.

Thank you for your response. Could I use recreational drugs if I taper down like a week in advance and then don't take any antidepressants the day of use?

Thank you for your response. Could I use recreational drugs if I taper down like a week in advance and then don't take any antidepressants the day of use?
The desired effects of cocaine and MDMA will likely be diminished and unwanted effects amplified by combining them with your specific antidepressants.
Sertraline elimination from chronic use takes about 15 days due to its active metabolites.
About a week sounds right for the bupropion.

The desired effects of cocaine and MDMA will likely be diminished and unwanted effects amplified by combining them with your specific antidepressants.
Sertraline elimination from chronic use takes about 15 days due to its active metabolites.
About a week sounds right for the bupropion.

Thank you so much! Very helpful information.