View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Interactions/serotonin syndrome

nuube

Bluelighter
Hi all. Can anyone enlighten me as to any possible interactions between Targinact, which contains oxycodone and naloxone with psychedelics? I am hoping to trip on 1P-LSD this week and want to know if it will be safe with the Targinact.

I can use Kratom for a day or so instead of the Targinact if I have too to avoid any known complications however would like if I could use it as I have bad pain issues.

Would also like to know if it would deaden the trip, (for want of a better word)?

I would have taken Al-Lad, LSZ, 25 c & I while taking 300mg daily of Tramadol with no negative effects, (figure if this doesn't cause any harm then the others wouldn't but would like a second opinion).

Many thanks for all replies.

Last edited:
I cant really see any reason why oxycodone/naloxone would lead to serotonin syndrome in conjuction with any LSD like drug.

Some say opioids blunt the effects of psychedelics, and MAPS initially excluded those taking them in their MDMA studies, but low doses shouldnt be too big an issue here either.

I cant really see any reason why oxycodone/naloxone would lead to serotonin syndrome in conjuction with any LSD like drug.

Some say opioids blunt the effects of psychedelics, and MAPS initially excluded those taking them in their MDMA studies, but low doses shouldnt be too big an issue here either.

That was my other concern, I wonder if I were to use a milder opiate like Kratom would that minimise the disruption to the trip? I would have tripped using Tramadol and although there was no serotonin syndrome symptoms the visual aspects of the trip were dulled.

Thanks for the reply.

Tramadol also inhibits the effects of serotonin and norepinephrine re-uptake. So it might just make the 1P-LSD weaker. So that's why your trip seemed dulled.
However, with kratom, it might have a synergistic effect due to its analgesic properties (Kratom + Tramadol).
BUT I don't know how great of an effect because once again, it inhibits serotonin re-uptake. If anyone can shed more light on this, it would be helpful.
I just thought I should point that out to you JSYK for future reference.

Tramadol also inhibits the effects of serotonin and norepinephrine re-uptake. So it might just make the 1P-LSD weaker. So that's why your trip seemed dulled.
However, with kratom, it might have a synergistic effect due to its analgesic properties (Kratom + Tramadol).
BUT I don't know how great of an effect because once again, it inhibits serotonin re-uptake. If anyone can shed more light on this, it would be helpful.
I just thought I should point that out to you JSYK for future reference.

I would always try and leave about 24 hours if possible after taking Tramadol before taking a psychedelic to try and minimise its effects although going into a trip in a lot of pain isn't always a good idea!!

I think I'll stick with Kratom and see how that changes things, would be nice if there was a synergistic effect.