• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Misc Intentionally Inducing Drug Withdrawal To Get High

SomeRandomNob

Bluelighter
I've taken to smoking nicotine in the morning and evening, and intentionally inducing withdrawal symptoms during the day to increase productivity.

I started doing this based on anecdotal experiences of working harder when I didn't have access to nicotine, but a few days after quitting I would return to 'normal'.

It sorta feels like, a more angry adderall, but I like it because instead of crashing afterwards I just get high! Also I don't gain a tolerance because, like, it's not a drug but the absence of one.

Am I an idiot or a genius? Is there anyone else doing this with nicotine or any other drugs? Any research or studies or information on the subject of intentionally inducing withdrawal symptoms for benefits? I tried looking into hard data on the affects of nicotine withdrawal and they seem to improve memory, amongst other things that I can't name with as much certainty.

Another example I can think of, is using cannabis withdrawal like a "dream herb", which I've never intentionally done but feel like trying now lol.

What?? =D Had no idea this was a thing. I HATE nicotine withdrawal, I become deeply dysfunctional, it's like my ADHD gets exacerbated massively.

I kinda do this with cannabis and buprenorphine. Like say I’m gonna drive long distance and will be not sleeping much for 2-3 days, I’ll eat edibles a couple days beforehand cuz when I “WD” from them I can’t sleep for shit. Things of that nature, using the speedy/stimmy side of WD to get things done.

-GC

I used to purposefully not sleep with low dose amphetamine before presentations so I wouldn't panic, if I'd burned my talking points into my brain I'd be in this zen autopilot mode and immediately crash horribly after. Worked well if there was no question and answer portion lol

I thought that homeostasis, the state of being in not-wanting was the agreed upon optimal state of mind in terms of productivity. Source: University Psychology 101 class.

What?? =D Had no idea this was a thing. I HATE nicotine withdrawal, I become deeply dysfunctional, it's like my ADHD gets exacerbated massively.
To be fair my work benefits from ADHD
I thought that homeostasis, the state of being in not-wanting was the agreed upon optimal state of mind in terms of productivity. Source: University Psychology 101 class.
Yes, and I want nicotine but I can't get it, so I do what I can to get any dopamine available, by doing shit.
I always associated withdrawl with negative effects, but if you get positive effects that’s pretty cool
Very good point. Two points
1. Not all drugs are absolutely beneficial. For example as someone else mentioned, weed withdrawal can illicit focus.
2. There is a thingy where, stuffs that illicit pain and pleasure, the pain decreases and pleasure increases the more you do it. I tried to find this source and could not, but I was readin something about skydiving and the phycology behind it. You are very scared and stressed at the idea of jumping out of a plane, and the pleasure is small, in comparison to the 30th time you do it. The more you do it, the lower the pain is and the higher the pleasure. It's like some sorta stockholm/Misery syndrome shit, where the more u do painful shit, the lower the pain and the higher the thrill.

On 2., I feel that, my experience with nicotine withdrawal in absolute nightmare conditions, allows me a tolerance for the negative affects of nicotine withdrawal that I definitely didn't have two years ago, when I would simply endure psychosis and end up in the hospital

P.5. This makes me interested in intentionally taking anti drugs, that is, drugs that act as the antithesis of recreational drugs, in an attempt to artificially induce a state of struggle. Image if, a rich multi millionaire artist, could artificially induce the same pain they experienced in their early days. That might help them make music/art/work longterm. [I have been using nicotine & alcohol last few hours and am not my brightest rn]

Last edited:
I've taken to smoking nicotine in the morning and evening, and intentionally inducing withdrawal symptoms during the day to increase productivity.

I started doing this based on anecdotal experiences of working harder when I didn't have access to nicotine, but a few days after quitting I would return to 'normal'.

It sorta feels like, a more angry adderall, but I like it because instead of crashing afterwards I just get high! Also I don't gain a tolerance because, like, it's not a drug but the absence of one.

Am I an idiot or a genius? Is there anyone else doing this with nicotine or any other drugs? Any research or studies or information on the subject of intentionally inducing withdrawal symptoms for benefits? I tried looking into hard data on the affects of nicotine withdrawal and they seem to improve memory, amongst other things that I can't name with as much certainty.

Another example I can think of, is using cannabis withdrawal like a "dream herb", which I've never intentionally done but feel like trying now lol.
Well im glad you found something that works for you!