• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Insufflation of Subutex

Phil.McKeer

Bluelighter
Hi BL, I asked this in another thread and it died, and I never got an answer. I like to insufflate (snort) my subutex because the effects trigger quicker and harder. Question - if I taste the drips, does it mean that the amount that I'm tasting is so far down that it is no longer being absorbed through mucous membranes? Anyone know how far down the absorbable membranes go? I know if I eat my subutex it will be worthless, so basically I'm wondering - if I taste drips, is what I'm tasting basically getting "eaten" and not "absorbed"?

I don't want to waste my bupe :)

Try to get the smallest tablets made, HI-TECH brand *Subutex* if you're gonna snort it. Snort so it hits the sinus tissue lightly but sticks. This is a bit difficult at first. I used to snort the tiny hi-tech, it jumped my tolerance - be aware of that.

Snorting bigger tablets works, but the excipients area too much and will almost definitely result in drip you can taste and feel in your throat (imo that's wasted bupe.)

Yes, getting a drip means it's not being all absorbed in your nasal membranes. I recommend making very small lines, as you don't need much bupe anyways.

Plugging is also a great ROA for buprenorphine.

Thanks for that, guys. I was pretty sure of the "if its tasted, its wasted" but just wanted to check. Maybe I'll try plugging, lol.

Hatrix, for plugging, do you recommend making a liquid solution or just sticking the dose right in, dry?

Last edited:
Thanks for that, guys. I was pretty sure of the "if its tasted, its wasted" but just wanted to check. Maybe I'll try plugging, lol.

Hatrix, for plugging, do you recommend making a liquid solution or just sticking the dose right in, dry?

Liquid solution for sure. Anytime you plug anything, always make a solution out of it first. Then use an oral syringe and plug.

I used to make a liquid solution of dissolved suboxone strips and squirt it up my nose, when tapering - fwiw...

I just snort it very lightly. I used to do the very small round white ones that had an 8 on it. Now I do pinkish looking oval ones that are big pills and still snort a quarter 2mg at a time. I snort it very lightly and don't get a drip until 20 mins or so. So I absorb all of it. I guess it's just experience of doing it you get better at it in time.

Oh yeah and also one time I snorted an orange suboxone that looked like a hexagon. It worked good. Bupe is at least 2x stronger snorted. Bad for your nose though since it's an HCL salt.

Thanks Lamb, everyone else. I personally like the bigger generic 'tex, since I dose low (~250ug/day) mainly to control depression and anxiety, and the little "8/arrow" generics would be a microscopic crumb at that dose.