• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Insufflation of carboxylated and freeze dried cannabis extract?

What 23

Ex-Bluelighter
exactly as the title asks: does anyone have any experience with this? i have received some carboxylated and freeze dried cannabis extract, that comes in capsules. it's color is white- like freeze drying tends to do. i know that insufflating straight kief or cannabis won't do much of anything, or so i've read, but this has got me curious.

does anyone have any experience with this, or an understanding of the chemistry of it enough to have an idea?

I like to just let the extract(cannabutter) melt in my mouth under my tongue. I wouldnt snort anything.

Short answer is no THC is not polar enough to cross into the blood stream. Its not an absolute system but yeah more efficient routes of administration of smoking and ingestion. If you want to snort something it should be in salt form (most of the time)

I wonder if you could plug it...?

Plugging works because your body is awesome at reuptake of water to prevent you from dehydrating when you expel waste from you, even your kidneys recycle water and what comes out of you is that which doesnt get reabsorbed. In order for plugging to work the substance must be water soluble to absorb through the membrane and into your blood stream. If it works it wont be anywhere near as effective as something in a salt form.

You can plug it by dissolving it in a fatty or oily substance like cocoa butter. This actually makes great suppositories because it melts at body temperature but can be moulded into torpedo-shaped suppositories when cooled to room temperature. It's a fairly efficient way to absorb cannabinoids which is useful for people that can't vape or smoke due to respiratory issues and who don't want to eat it because of the unpleasants effects of 11-hydroxy-thc and the slower onset.

You can inssuflate non-water soluble substances and get high on them like crack and some benzos but as stated, it is less efficient. I have heard of people getting high snorting kief but this is a waste and is unhealthy not to mention gross.

So, I was looking up using weed suppositories because I thought you were incorrect on the amounts of delta 9 picked up directly before the liver and found this:

http://cannabisdigest.ca/cannatory/

I'm shocked how much more effective it is. Thanks for the schooling!