• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Insufflating Liquified Suboxone: What harm is possible?

CfZrx

Bluelighter
Is it less harmful to sniff it as liquid compared to as a powder? In the case of me, I am filtering it through SteriFilt syringe filters. I also tried plugging it, not sure how I feel about that until I've done it a few more times. I ordered a lube shooter thingamajig, so if I do stick w/ plugging there will be minimal butt damage. The shooters are thinner than a 2tsp oral syringe from the drug store.

Reason I'm interested in all this is twofold: 1. I want to use less substance, get more effect, and 2. I think this Suboxone shit is a dentist's worst nightmare (or wet dream depending on how you look at it lol). Sniffing the powder works amazingly well, but I fear it can't be a good idea for chronic administration. ;)

snorting a filtered liquid will be absolutely be less harmful to your nose if you manage to remove binders (buprenorphine doses are extremely small so more than 99% of the pill is inactive stuff that only ruins your mucous membrane)

in my experience plugging feels much more effective and longer lasting even though the bioavailabilty is supposedly only slightly higher, might be because it's better absorbed dissolved in a liquid rather than in a huge ass line of dry powder.

Yes, it would be less harmful.

And you will get a great effect. The one and only time i tried subs was sniffing 2mg dissolved in water, and i thought my heart was going to stop beating. I had no tolerance at all though, so if you have no tolerance either (which i'm assuming isn't true) then don't take 2mg.

Just an observation, but why are you trying to abuse suboxone? I'm assuming (though I might be wrong) that if you're prescribed subs then you're trying to get off street Opies? Abusing your medication is not a good idea mate, because it will just turn round and bite you in the arse eventually...

Just an observation, but why are you trying to abuse suboxone? I'm assuming (though I might be wrong) that if you're prescribed subs then you're trying to get off street Opies? Abusing your medication is not a good idea mate, because it will just turn round and bite you in the arse eventually...
For my teeth and to heighten analgesia tbph. Also I am reading all the posts here on BL about reducing your dose for better effects. Today I haven't even finished my 3rd mg, and the day is almost over! However, I will continue to use BL as my Higher Power (w/ a grain of salt,lol), and if others who have experience dealing with chronic pain and buprenorphine tell me that sublingual is best, then that's is probably what I will do :)

Last edited:
Some of us also live in places where good opioids are simply too expensive. Practically no heroin available here, I get oxy whenever I can but I can't afford it every day. I need some kind of an opioid just to function so that's why I use buprenorphine. With a higher tolerance, it works better than codeine or tramadol. I don't really nod off it but it does give me that pleasurable warm feeling, pain relief, mood lift and a little bit of energy.

When used everyday, that powder seems to be pretty nasty to your nose. Nosebleeds, dryness, a little bit of rash on the nose. Dissolving the powder in water could help. I would worry about losing some of the precious drug though. When I use a syringe to clear my sinuses after snorting, it's hard to hit the sweet spot when it comes to how hard you should push the plunger. Most liquid seems to drip out of the nose or it goes to my throat and I swallow it... Just plain water seems to dry out the nose too.

I still use intranasally despite the negatives because even buprenorphine is pretty expensive here and I need to double my dose if I do it sublingually. Even then, I feel it is lacking in some aspects. I hope I don't do any permanent damage to my nose (or my lungs, as the powder is pretty fine), temporary stuff I can deal with.

I agree that less is more with buprenorphine. 1-2 mg / day seems to be the optimal dose for me. It's easy to do more but the pleasurable effects don't seem to increase much.

Last edited:
I hope I don't do any permanent damage to my nose (or my lungs, as the powder is pretty fine)
What harm can result from sniffing liquid? I have not found any info online yet! Hey BL, does anyone know?

If anyone else is wondering, Toothpastedog said you will prob get a deviated septum if you keep doing it daily for years. I wonder if you just took 2 drops in each nostril in the morning, and 2 drops at night? Prob bad news imho. I am transitioning back to sublingual. It's a better vibe in certain ways. I feel more in reality tbph.

Has anyone experimented with drops of liquidized suboxone under the tongue? Seems like it is stronger in smaller doses, AND it would be a million times easier to not waste any if you only put like 6 drops (from a system where your mixture contains 4 mg sub in .6 mL h2o). Of course we would be dropping some vodka or ever clear drops under the tongue as well for added potency.

I just realized that I had my math wrong when I made a 4 mg batch today! I think the consensus calls for about .3 mL h2o per MG!!! I did .3 ml for 2MG! Whoops, strong batch ;)

Who thinks I should add in .6 more mL h2o to my vial? I think I will leave it alone, since more water just leads to more wasted down your throat. I find that with this strength, just 1 or 2 drops will bring intense analgesia. I may try under the tongue and not just internasal.

Do you know about the trick for using alcohol to improve sublingual bioavailability?

I'm not sure about the longterm harm of insufflating liquid bupe - but i did a taper that way once and it worked pretty well.
Any advice i could offer regarding how harmful that is would simply be a guess though, so i will refrain from doing so.

The alcohol trick i mentioned simply involves adding a tiny bit of alcohol to the area under your tongue before placing the suboxone pill (or strip) there.
I'm not sure how it works exactly, but it is said to aid absorption.
All it needs is literally a couple of drops - it's about putting alcohol there before placing the sub strip. I havent tried it myself so i cannot comment on how effective it is.

As for the harm caused by using suboxond as prescribed; have you ever heard of them causing dental problems?
I haven't - but methadone is well known for damaging people's teeth for whatever reason.
Compared to eating sugary food, i would imagine the harm caused by binders in suboxone is probably quite minimal.

If you are filtering the solution properly though, i suspect you will reduce any harm that comes from putting it into your sinus. I would imagine that the most dangerous thing about snorting suboxone would be a result of sucking insoluble materials (pill binders/fillers) into your lungs - so filtering it is definitely the way to go.

I do use alcohol to aid in sublingual dissolving! Thanks :) I have heard of sub damaging the insides of the bottom teeth on suboxforum.com if I recall.

Pretty sure it's the sugar in methadone that damages your teeth. They only tend to give out the sugar free stuff these days in the UK. I have fairly good dental hygiene and have never had a tooth ache in my life until I was changed from methadone to buprenorphine. I've been street homeless as well. Was an IV user though so my teeth weren't being erroded by crack and heroin smoke. My local recovery clinic seem to think it's more down to me but I just dont think they want to accept any responsibility in it which I would hold them liable for I just wanted some information so I browsed the Internet and it's forums and found a fair amount of evidence to suggest that sublingual use of bupe/subbies seem to mess with your gums and teeth.

Yeah I don't see how sublingual use couldn't damage your teeth honestly. I would guess brushing afterwards would help somewhat but it causes dry mouth for me which is just as damaging as sugar if not more.

Methadone made me crave sweets like nobody's business so that helped fuck my teeth up