Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Insufflated 4-AcO-DMT.fumarate seems to have substantial decongestant effects

Thomas Davie

Moderator: CD
Staff member
I started using 4-AcO-DMT.fumarate June/2013, and always took it orally dissolved in water (2 ml) which was then diluted in diet soda and chugged. For the last 6 months I've been snorting it instead of taking it orally (less nausea, I can still eat, slightly more intense trip, starts and finishes quicker).

Every time I've snorted it (left nostril always) my nasal passages open up.

Is this a common thing with tryptamine, fumarate salts or snorting in general? It's the first (only) drug I've snorted and I'm curious.

Any ideas welcome.

Tom

i avoid snorting stuff like that. i admit i sometimes smoke psychedelics if other routes of consumption aren't viable. i still really think that smoking chemicals and snorting chemicals isn't healthy, even in low doses. the proximity of meals to my trips does make a difference. on an empty stomach the relationship between dosing and effects is more consistent. with some psychedelics if i consume them on an empty stomach i experience some restless anxiety and what not after I finally eat.

i also comprehend the benefit of shorter experiences. i use psychedelics therapeutically and longer experiences interrupt my other responsibilities excessively. have you considered eating only juice or fruit smoothies the morning of your experiences? this gives calories and doesn't slow absorption much. i have experimented with this on a single occasion and plan on repeating this method. i consumed a tryptamine an hour after consuming a fruit smoothie and effects were felt as soon as with an empty stomach. i don't get nausea and hence can't comment on nausea.

other variables influence psychedelic experiences people often ignore. weather (specifically the relationship between temperature in my home, temperature outside, and how much time i spend in each environment) and possibly season (independent of weather) appear relevant. i have lighter and stronger experiences as the outside temperature surpasses the inside temperature. on a multitude of occasions over multiple seasons i have documented this influence of season/weather.

Last edited: