View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Instant Sneezing After Ketamine

number22

Bluelighter
I've searched around and all I could find is people having problems 10 minutes after insufflating ketamine. Runny nose and sneezing.

For me its 10-30 seconds after taking it, i'll sneeze. Many many many times. So barely any absorption occurs

Am I not putting it deep enough in my nose? Is my body just like fuck that? I know that you're not supposed to let it drip to your stomach, so am I just being too cautious?

I haven't experienced this with ketamine, but with 3-MeO-PCP I sneeze over and over again most of the time. But with it, it's such a small amount of powder that I just cover that nostril and it doesn't blow out or prevent absorption.

I've searched around and all I could find is people having problems 10 minutes after insufflating ketamine. Runny nose and sneezing.

For me its 10-30 seconds after taking it, i'll sneeze. Many many many times. So barely any absorption occurs

Am I not putting it deep enough in my nose? Is my body just like fuck that? I know that you're not supposed to let it drip to your stomach, so am I just being too cautious?

I've done it before, but maybe you're just chopping it too finely? If it's so finely cut to the point of being dusty then the powder is about the right consistency to make you sneeze.

thats your body's reaction to your putting something foreign and irritating up your nose. I can't really think of any substance that is pleasant to have up my nose so I generally try to avoid it.

could try a lil nasal vapo inhaler before you snort the ketamine cause that sort of numbs and cools your nose a bit

Well true, but for me 3-MeO-PCP/PCE have this sneezing effect far beyond what most substances do when snorted. Some substances are more irritating and in different ways than others.

thats your body's reaction to your putting something foreign and irritating up your nose. I can't really think of any substance that is pleasant to have up my nose so I generally try to avoid it.

could try a lil nasal vapo inhaler before you snort the ketamine cause that sort of numbs and cools your nose a bit

So many substances are pleasant to have upy nose....I might almost snort them if they were inert

This happens to me with methamphetamine . . . sometimes. Like from the same rock, same part of the same rock. Doesn't make a lot of sense. Instant sneeze, then pouring nose, and congestion. Sometimes though I can do a rail till I actually feel it hitting the back of my throat, not even a sniffle. Hard to pin it on anything, from hydration to chopping to contamination with cat hair.

It does help me to make sure I've mowed my nose hairs. Those will trigger this stuff if your flakes hit them right.

Just hold the sneeze best you can and sniff the snot up as long as you can. You'll absorb plenty.

FWIW I've been really taking to this OTC nasal squirt-spray. It's just saline with some herb in it, but I feel like the squirts up my nose help wash out any unabsorbed shit left over.

ETA: also, I've been trying to see if having nice wet nostrils help or hurt with the meth burn. I think it burns more, actually, but maybe that's a sign of better absorption? It just seems reasonable that a nice moist nostril would be better for insufflating most drugs than a crusty bone dry one, even if that means more pain.

I have this issue aswell, sneeze like crazy sometimes when sitting arround snorting ketamine. I grind my ketamine down pretty well, mby too well like Tranced talks about? What I do is crush my ketamine against a food plate with a spoon, to the point of it almost looking like you are smeering some white paste arround on the plates surface.
I've done it before, but maybe you're just chopping it too finely? If it's so finely cut to the point of being dusty then the powder is about the right consistency to make you sneeze.