• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Inside of my mouth recently starts becoming uncomfortably sore/painful whenever I smoke meth

eustoma01

Greenlighter
So I usually take like a week break in between doses of either .5g or 1g which lasts a few days. I smoked a lot more regularly just 1 year prior but have been lowering my dosages in an effort to quit.

However, I noticed somewhat recently starting about maybe a month ago, whenever I smoke meth, the inside of my mouth feels so raw and sore. It's honestly kind of hard to eat any type of food because anything too flavorful will start to burn my tongue and it just feels so painful.

This is definitely something that just started happening recently and I've even tried buying from different people thinking maybe it had to do with the quality of the stuff I was getting, but I always get this sensation in my mouth. Biotene helps slightly only because it helps keep my mouth somewhat moisturized, but I was wondering what this was and if I should be worried?

Has anyone else experienced this at all? I've come here to ask because whenever I google any type of symptom I'm having after smoking meth all I get are links to rehabilitation clinic websites that all just parrot the same general information about meth and its side effects.

Is it whenever you smoke meth? Or whenever you binge on meth? I would notice weird sores/lacerations on the inside of my mouth after binges. I attributed them to some sort of auto-immune response. They usually went away after a few days of rest.

(Welcome to Bluelight btw!)

I've come here to ask because whenever I google any type of symptom I'm having after smoking meth all I get are links to rehabilitation clinic websites that all just parrot the same general information about meth and its side effects.
Yep. We know 🙄

Meth is corrosive. You're inhaling the smoke from something corrosive into your mouth, and the smoke is also hot. It irritates it. Very similar to how IV users like myself after a couple days of using have knots and ropey veins, because the meth irritates them. And if you snorted instead you'd find that the lining of your nose got real sore.

I would consider this a warning from your body that some time off is needed, a decent break, maybe even indefinitely. When my veins get a bit beat up I take a fortnight to a month off to let them heal, but that pretty rarely happens.

Is it whenever you smoke meth? Or whenever you binge on meth? I would notice weird sores/lacerations on the inside of my mouth after binges. I attributed them to some sort of auto-immune response. They usually went away after a few days of rest.

(Welcome to Bluelight btw!)

Ummmm what would be considered a binge? So basically what happens is I normally buy a gram, then smoke it the evening I bought it and end up staying up all night smoking it randomly every few hours whenever the mood strikes. I then make sure to smoke some in the morning before I head off to work, and then smoke again when I get back home from work. Normally I do end up staying up another night as well... So it normally lasts me like 2 days? Sometimes 3, it just really depends. But the thing is I only started noticing this recently. The past year I smoked meth I didn't notice anything like this... only the crippling emptiness and depression once I came down off of it...

Oh, and thank you for the welcome. I'm lucky to have found out about this site through someone on reddit! I got so tired of seeing nothing but PSA and rehab websites whenever I tried googling info on meth lol.

Ummmm what would be considered a binge? So basically what happens is I normally buy a gram, then smoke it the evening I bought it and end up staying up all night smoking it randomly every few hours whenever the mood strikes. I then make sure to smoke some in the morning before I head off to work, and then smoke again when I get back home from work. Normally I do end up staying up another night as well... So it normally lasts me like 2 days? Sometimes 3, it just really depends. But the thing is I only started noticing this recently. The past year I smoked meth I didn't notice anything like this... only the crippling emptiness and depression once I came down off of it...
I would consider anything over 24 hours of continuous use a binge, so yeah, I would consider your use "binging".

Binging like that is hard on your health, especially if you're not eating the right foods, eating no food, or worse, eating the wrong foods. I'm fairly certain what you're experiencing is an auto-immune response of sorts, basically your body's way of saying "hey, this isn't good for me!" I would try shortening the duration of your binges (or ceasing your use entirely) and adding in a multi-vitamin and an additional 1000cc's of vitamin c.

Oh, and thank you for the welcome. I'm lucky to have found out about this site through someone on reddit! I got so tired of seeing nothing but PSA and rehab websites whenever I tried googling info on meth lol.
You are very much welcome! Glad you found us! If you found us via a post on r/meth it may very well have been me that linked it (I linked it several times a few days ago under my r/a$c$k$l$a$c$7 account).

We are very much aware of the problem with Google listing nothing but rehab sites/junk info every time you try and search for drug information. They have actually blacklisted us for unknown reasons, which is a real shame. This is the place for drug information on the internet! We have a great group of people on here that know an ungodly amount about all things drugs (some of our regular members you'll see on T.V.!) Stick around and spread the word!

Last edited:
I would consider anything over 24 hours of continuous use a binge, so yeah, I would consider your use "binging".

Binging like that is hard on your health, especially if you're not eating the right foods, eating no food, or worse, eating the wrong foods. I'm fairly certain what you're experiencing is an auto-immune response of sorts, basically your body's way of saying "hey, this isn't good for me!" I would try shortening the duration of your binges (or ceasing your use entirely) and adding in a multi-vitamin and an additional 1000cc's of vitamin c.

You are very much welcome! Glad you found us! If you found us via a post on r/meth it may very well have been me that linked it (I linked it several times a few days ago under my r/a$c$k$l$a$c$7 account).

We are very much aware of the problem with Google listing nothing but rehab sites/junk info every time you try and search for drug information. They have actually blacklisted us for unknown reasons, which is a real shame. This is the place for drug information on the internet! We have a great group of people on here that know an ungodly amount about all things drugs (some of our regular members you'll see on T.V.!) Stick around and spread the word!
Honestly, I've tried not smoking while holding onto a couple grams of the stuff and I could just never resist... one time I had to find a new dealer because my regular one got arrested and this new guy said a minimum buy of 3g... so I thought, "that's fine. If I'm smart about it it will last me a whole month since I only smoke on weekends!" Well, guess what... I ended up smoking all of it for a week straight. Ugh. And trust me, I'm currently trying to quit for good, but every time it passes a little over a week since I've last done it, I just can't stop myself from buying another gram. It's been like this since the beginning of this year. I kept telling myself that "this time would be the last time" and it's already become August. I really don't know what to do. Part of me is so scared but another part of me just wants to smoke this forever...

Is it really that bad to binge just for a few days? I don't get how anyone can only smoke for a day and be content with that...

Is it really that bad to binge just for a few days?
Depends, are you eating right? Are you taking any supplements when you're binging? Most people binge and don't eat and/or eat the wrong things. You're putting your body through hell staying up for over 24 hours straight, you need to take special care of it or it will begin to throw "check engine" lights (such as what you are currently experiencing).

I don't get how anyone can only smoke for a day and be content with that...
That's the problem with meth: It's not meth use that's bad, it's meth abuse that's bad. And how do you not abuse it!? You have to set guidelines for yourself. The way I did it, but in the end, I failed. It's a nightmare of a drug to control, that's for sure.

You might want to try this, only use it when you wake up, and then maybe once at noon. When you get home from work try exercising aggressively for an hour. Prolonged exercise will help meditate neuroprotection and provide a natural endorphin release, releasing you from the re-dosing urges of meth.

Meth is not evil. Meth becomes evil. You have to find ways to fight it, to control it.

could be ph.

often if they add to much acid when making the salt it can be quite nasty to smoke.

you may have just enough acid in there to make you feel it over time but not enough to make you cough your guts up.

some cutters will hold onto acid too MSM being one that comes to mind.

if you find your needing relief from a sore mouth try sm33 :)

Ok so I realized that the reason for this was likely because I was always burning my meth bc mines always brown but I thought it didn't matter...

Guess I was heating it up to too high of a temperature and burning the inside of my mouth. ugh.

Ok so I realized that the reason for this was likely because I was always burning my meth bc mines always brown but I thought it didn't matter...

Guess I was heating it up to too high of a temperature and burning the inside of my mouth. ugh.

I just want to say Biotene is pretty useless in my experience (and my mouth is like an Oral Hiroshima from way more than just meth).

For a really sore mouth my favourite remedy is Bonjela baby teething gel. Not sure of the brand where you are, but it's this licorice flavoured stuff they sell in supermarkets and chemists for around $10.

My friend is a Pharmacist and he recommends stuff made for babies/children because the pharma companies cannot mess with them 😊

Happens to me also, i don't smoke meth very often but IV instead. I think it happens because of dry mouth, clenching jaws and twisting tongue while not eating or drinking anything. And The most important, if not washing mouth and brushing teeth,it Hurts like Hell and your tongue will bleed but after 15mins pain will subside.. Yeah, sounds horrible (and it is!) but only moisturizing and getting rid of The plaque helps with the sore mouth, so brush, drink water, eat gum and try to avoid any unnescessary mouth movements 😉

May I come further to tell you about duckduckgo?
Well... you can double-run with duckduckgo everything you search. Haven't really coherently investigated how much and when it matters, but it should make anyones life better I guess.

I don't have a lot of experience with Methamphetamine. I've used it a dozen times or so, but I've definitely experienced these weird sores/abrasions after using Meth for a couple of days. Methamphetamine is well-known for causing a lot of problems with oral health. First, Meth causes dehydration which leads to lack of saliva and saliva is the most important line of protection for your mouth. Secondly, using stimulants like Meth has a correlation with a desire for sweet foods and drinks as a result of malnutrition, the body begins to crave the most basic energy it can find, this, coupled with dehydration, often leads to the consumption of soda/sports drinks and what have you.

On a third note, it's my personal, non-scientific belief that there is an inherent quality of the drug Methamphetamine that is somehow more harmful to tissue. I don't know what that is or if it even exists, but I believe Meth itself possesses some level of enhanced damage and this is often most evident in the oral space, I believe because this tissue is more vulnerable in general.

At the very least, try to hydrate and practice perfect oral hygiene if you're going to use Methamphetamine. Even still, chronic usage rarely leaves users unscathed.

Last edited:
I just want to say Biotene is pretty useless in my experience (and my mouth is like an Oral Hiroshima from way more than just meth).

For a really sore mouth my favourite remedy is Bonjela baby teething gel. Not sure of the brand where you are, but it's this licorice flavoured stuff they sell in supermarkets and chemists for around $10.

My friend is a Pharmacist and he recommends stuff made for babies/children because the pharma companies cannot mess with them 😊
You know what... actually it may be like.... me inhaling vapors that are too hot but also maybe my meth is either just really caustic or cut with something that is... because I just took a few hits like 20 minutes ago and ig I was inhaling too hard because a small shard of crystal flew into my mouth from my pipe and I ignored it for a few seconds and rubbed it off on my shirt.

Well, tell me why the spot where it freaking landed on my tongue feels like it has a freaking chemical burn on it or something.... currently swishing a bunch of coconut oil around in my mouth to sorta alleviate the pain.

You know what... actually it may be like.... me inhaling vapors that are too hot but also maybe my meth is either just really caustic or cut with something that is... because I just took a few hits like 20 minutes ago and ig I was inhaling too hard because a small shard of crystal flew into my mouth from my pipe and I ignored it for a few seconds and rubbed it off on my shirt.

Well, tell me why the spot where it freaking landed on my tongue feels like it has a freaking chemical burn on it or something.... currently swishing a bunch of coconut oil around in my mouth to sorta alleviate the pain.

Yeah that's not normal. It should just be really bitter not burn your tongue on the spot. I put a bit in my mouth last night to see if it *was* meth and it just had that bitterness. Your mouth gets sore over time (smoking it) because it dries out and gets inflamed basically.

I use a baking soda and salt solution as a mouthwash after smoke sessions and as often as I think about my mouth. I have gone as far as setting alarms on my phone as reminders.
Medicated thoothpastes, mouthwashes, etc are useful immediate remedies

Drinking water also seems to help break up and expel the nasty, thick, likely acidic mucous that gets hacked up.
Being hydrated seems to be the most useful single thing a meth user can do to prevent negative side effects.

Chewing gum also helps me keep my mouth busy, but I swap it out for a new piece if out was in while smoking. Pressing my tounge aginst my teeth is often the cause.