• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Insane Insomnia form H withdrawal

charmcitypoker

Greenlighter
Hello all,

I'll start of with giving the dosages and length I was taking drugs.
Benzos for 1.5 year. Almost every day, benzo of choice for me was klonopin and sometimes xanax.Generally Between 2-4 mg per day. Rarely went over rarely went over 4mg.

Okay quality h powder, between 100-200 mg per day. About 4 months of daily use.

Weed use - 1 g per day habitually

----------
I have quit benzos before a few years ago, although it was crazy tough I was able to manage. On my more recent benzo addiction I started a taper about 3 months ago. 2mg for 20 day, 1.5mg for 5 day, 1 mg for 5day, 5 mg for 5day, and then. 25 for ten days.

I'm currently wding from the H and have been doing so for about 80 hours now. It has been tough, but pushing thru every day. The biggest issue by far is the insomnia. over these 80 hours maybe 5 or 6 of them has been sleep and not good sleep.

I've tried weed, melatonin, working out, mediation and guided sleeping. I have Loperamide which has been giving me minor comfort.

---------------
These are my questions,

1. Is it possible this is also stemming from benzo addiction that I'm beating? I have been benzo clean for over 2 weeks and that was after my taper.

2. What do I do?? I'm trying to stay calm but getting quite worried. Just looking for any help or advice.

Thank you!

Last edited:
Yes, a combination of the two is what is causing the insomnia.
Both heroin and benzodiazepines are CNS depressants and when one stops use after a tolerance has developed there will be withdrawal symptoms that will be the opposite of the effect of the drug.
Quitting both at the same time will be tough, consider that if you can make it props to you, but if you can't manage maybe just slightly increase the benzo dose and postpone the taper, H WD last far less so you are in a far more advanced stage with that, don't throw it away.
If you reach 48-72 hours of continued wakefulness I think it would be better if you took the smallest dose of a benzo that would allow you to sleep.

80 hours is pretty bad, i had 120 wake hours with absolute zero sleep before i knocked myself out with levopromethazine... so i know what ur going trough. I was on the border of having psycosis so the psychward helped me out.

Can you get ur hands on something heavy that isnt benzo that would be the best.

Diphendramine and melatonin wont help you at this point, you need a sledgehammer not a wooden stick. Weed will not help either because your CNS system is overactive at this point so the only thing that will happen is confusion if you smoke weed.. A small dose of benzo will probably not help either, a large one will but then you will raise you blood plasma concentration with the crap again and prolong wds..😊

And yes its both the benzos and smack that casuses the insomnia.

Last edited:
Hello all,

I'll start of with giving the dosages and length I was taking drugs.
Benzos for 1.5 year. Almost every day, benzo of choice for me was klonopin and sometimes xanax.Generally Between 2-4 mg per day. Rarely went over rarely went over 4mg.

Okay quality h powder, between 100-200 mg per day. About 4 months of daily use.

Weed use - 1 g per day habitually

----------
I have quit benzos before a few years ago, although it was crazy tough I was able to manage. On my more recent benzo addiction I started a taper about 3 months ago. 2mg for 20 day, 1.5mg for 5 day, 1 mg for 5day, 5 mg for 5day, and then. 25 for ten days.

I'm currently wding from the H and have been doing so for about 80 hours now. It has been tough, but pushing thru every day. The biggest issue by far is the insomnia. over these 80 hours maybe 5 or 6 of them has been sleep and not good sleep.

I've tried weed, melatonin, working out, mediation and guided sleeping. I have Loperamide which has been giving me minor comfort.

---------------
These are my questions,

1. Is it possible this is also stemming from benzo addiction that I'm beating? I have been benzo clean for over 2 weeks and that was after my taper.

2. What do I do?? I'm trying to stay calm but getting quite worried. Just looking for any help or advice.

Thank you!
One think that may just may work is something called night nurse which contains promethazine. As far as I know it’s only available in uk but you may be able to get promethazine in other countries too. It’s an allergy pill but works like a dream for some in need of sleep. Worth a go

well done on getting through this far. its really difficult.

unfortunately insane insomnia is par for the course of heroin withdrawal. the only thing that worked for me was zopiclone but i can see if you've just tapered benzos you're probably rightly reluctant to resort to that. your brain is also still adjusting from the benzo cessation, which can take months, which won't be helping matters.

what support do you have? ar eyou getting any psychological help?

Yed its most likely due to heroin and benzo w/d if I were you I'd go see the doctor and ask for 300-600mg of Seroquel that will help with restless leg syndrome and should put you to sleep or at least help with sleep

Gabapentin and Clonidine. Lifesavers. Been through the same shit you are going through. I had 16 years on smack. I just hit the 30 day clean mark. I'm not out of the woods yet, because
I still fiend mentally every day. But those two drugs literally saved my ass. The clonidine just calms you the fuck down. Do not try taking more than what the script recommends. I was
eating them like M&M's and fucked myself up. One tab every 7-8 hours. The Gabapentin was a respite from the insomnia. I slept. And that NEVER happens when I kicked cold turkey in
the past. Good Luck to you. You can do it. This is actually the easy part. I always thought that was bullshit, but its true. Its the staying off the shit that is hard. And of course, all of the
feelings are coming back. Not sure how I feel about that. I am in mourning again...3 years later. Anyway, just my two cents. Peace