• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Misc Inquiry - What is your dental condition alongside your substance usage?

Zonxx

Bluelighter
i haven't had a cavity in going on 9 years now, but my fangs have ground down pretty bad on one side, which is pretty much my only dental issue and i smoke/use alot of substances, so i'm wondering what other's are like and this is not a thread to shame anyone, i'm inquiring to compare, assuming you've had regular dental care or atleast every few years (i did go 4 years without seeing a dentist) and maintain a decent routine of dental hygiene what are your teeth like and what/how much of x substance do you use?

Dude my 4 wisdom teeth have rotted out along with parts of my molars. I have gingivitis. Meth is hell on ur mouth. I brush and use mouthwash several times daily.

Dental insurance isnt an option right now

The most I got from smoking cigarettes and weed for a long time in my early adulthood was getting more white residue (tart?) That normally I would. Nothing else that is not genetically won, like space between the teeth, cross bite and sometimes mild gingivitis. Some yellow teeth but hey they suppose to be that color xD

One tooth on the direct right of my front tooth that’s obviously damaged, from when I was dumb enough to hold a smoke out the side of my mouth while working 😢

Drugs haven’t got them yet thank god

I have started recently to use meth and well did my little research on meth mouth.

Is mostly caused by the slow down of the saliva glands and the constriction of blood vessels in the mouth.

Dry mouth increase been more acidic, and you add bacteria and the sugar cravings that meth gives can turn really ugly. Tweak ugly.

Constrict vessels are something that cannot be change, but you can prevent injure your gums and avoid irritants foods.

For the dry mouth there nothing better that some mouthwash that is formulated for it! I use it frequently went I smoke anything.