Open Discussion Injection thread

isthisincognito

Bluelighter
Is there a comprehensive thread around injection including safety, locations, risks, filters etc. and so forth?

I want to compile a comprehensive list backed with citations on the matter, but I'm unsure if it exists and whether it is concise.

Other Drugs - IV Complications/Mega Thread.

It should be listed in the Other Drugs directory.

I had a look, couldn't see a megathread - just lots of postings containing the term "injection".

Anyway, the reason I'm looking is that I'd like to gather information on all parts of the injection process, and provide the ideal method, followed by enough information so that people can use the best of the resources available, if that makes sense.

I'm prompted to do this, as a friend of mine recently informed me he uses bottled water for injections because it's "cleaner", which as far as I'm aware is a bad water source (research I've seen puts the kitchen tap on par with laboratory filtered tap).

I have always use glass ampoules for injection, but I've seen research showing the particle count (presumably from glass) is higher in glass ampules than in plastic.

I'm provided with cotton for filtering (although I use sterilifts), and cotton leaves a considerable amount of trace fibres.

I'd like to put all this information (and as much as I can give, backed up with citations) in an organised manner, but if it's already been done there's not really much point.

Last edited:
I always use unopened bottled of water when I'm injecting. What do you inject? I use either a piece of tampon or q-tip for cotton. However, I have found out that tampon (Kotex) seems to be of better quality and rolls up much easier than the former. What made you think that bottled water was bad? I do know that it's obvious to use an unopened bottle that is room temperature. Cold water sucks to inject with, obviously.

Is there a comprehensive thread around injection including safety, locations, risks, filters etc. and so forth?

I want to compile a comprehensive list backed with citations on the matter, but I'm unsure if it exists and whether it is concise.

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads...-Info-MEGATHREAD-amp-FAQ-III-vs-I-Want-Blood?

I always use unopened bottled of water when I'm injecting. What do you inject? I use either a piece of tampon or q-tip for cotton. However, I have found out that tampon (Kotex) seems to be of better quality and rolls up much easier than the former. What made you think that bottled water was bad? I do know that it's obvious to use an unopened bottle that is room temperature. Cold water sucks to inject with, obviously.

For filters check out this thread which goes over which are the most effective, aside from micron filters.
For the best water to use check out this thread.

Thanks for the link, I'm on mobile so it's a little difficult to reply.

I'll copy paste a post I made about filters from a study. The study also covers water sources. Tap water from the kitchen left to run for a minute is as good as lab tap water.

Plastic sterile ampoules are the best I think, I've always used glass amps, but this study showed tiny fragments of glass invisible to the eye end up in the solution.

I don't think I included the water information, but check the study. It's around the same page.

You can totally mention the brand of syringe filters - sourcing mostly applies to the drugs themselves. If you're encouraging safe use of drugs we'll let it slide ;)

Ok then :) - Although I think I've been told not too before.

Just google sterifilt - cost: 18p

The sterifilt is a purpose made single-use filter for illicit drugs. The polypropelene membrane filters particles, but retains virtually no drug.

The sterifilt has been shown in laboratory studies conducted by Jenny Scott at the University of Bath to remove 90% of the particles measuring less than 5 microns, and 99% of all particles greater than 5 microns from the solution, which means it will reduce lung damage caused by particle injection.

The sterifilt has been tested with brown heroin, white heroin, cocaine and many types of crushed tablets and has been shown to be an effective filter that stops particles being drawn through, but does not retain the drug.

The study referred to is here: http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Resource/Doc/127313/0057758.pdf

Taken from page 33 (pdf page 40).

2gummi1.jpg
23w4obl.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It depends where you are in the world as to what's available, good things to look for are micron filters but here in the UK they're expensive. I know a lot of exchanges give out sterile cotton (in the same packet as the sterile cup).