• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin >.< Injection suggestions >.<

N54twitch

Greenlighter
So I’ve been using heroin since 2011 haven’t missed a day really, I know terrible...to make it worse It’s evolved into goofballs since 2015. Now the real dilemma is that I’m 33 and I’ve got Parkinson’s disease, which makes this hobby of mine next to impossible. I try and take as best care as I can and avoid “misses” like the plague but they do happen, I average about 1 in every 15 and I’m lucky if i get all off it. I had a roommate until last month who would get my inner arm midway to about 3 inches before my armpit and he’d get it 90% of the time. I know the obvious answer is to try another way but anyone who’s done goofballs knows it’s damn hard to go another route plus smoking “white” isn’t my get down 🤮 so my question is any suggestions on good sites? I’ve killed my crook, hands and arms are usually not my friend and I try my legs with a flashlight but I swear it’s like there rite there I see them but no go, there dark as hell and I’m not sure if I’m to shallow or what. Oh also I use 29 longs and a new one every time. Sorry for the lengthy post but figured I’d give it a try maybe someone has a suggestion or 2 anywho thanks.

Another note is my old roommate would always flick it in, with my Parkinson’s it’s somewhat difficult for me to do but I’m sure the flicking it in might be better at piercing the vein than my pushing it in not slowly but definitely not as quick as flicking it. Any thoughts and comments are appreciated 👌

All I can suggest if that you get a new 'hobby'.

You've had a good run and nothing lasts forever. Once things start getting difficult, you cross over from recreational use to self abuse and it's all downhill from there.

Honestly, it sounds like it's time to sack the needle before you do yourself some serious harm.

Take care...

All I can suggest if that you get a new 'hobby'.

You've had a good run and nothing lasts forever. Once things start getting difficult, you cross over from recreational use to self abuse and it's all downhill from there.

Honestly, it sounds like it's time to sack the needle before you do yourself some serious harm.

Take care...
Most definitely, on that note what would you suggest subutex or suboxone? I’ve had friends that were prescribed up to ten a day (or so they say) and that doctors dose you to high and I’d prefer to avoid that if I’m going to give it an honest shot I’d like to do it correctly and not get dependent on either one. I’ve never taken either but I know they’re probably a better route than methadone, I’ve heard horror stories about it and that it’s harder to kick than “H” itself.

Never been on subs so I can't comment, but many people seem to find them effective. I used methadone myself, and although it probably is harder to kick than H, the beauty of it is that you dont have to kick if you follow a proper reduction program. But it can take years...

See how theres all sorts of veins aside from the crook if my arm. There are also veins well above what Ive shown if I were to tie off at the top of my arm. Your veins will be different than mine but you certainly do have some.

tie off and explore around your arm. There should be a couple good ones around your wrist and forearms as well. When you find some which you have not used, follow the advice given in the post above with your room mate flicking it in if you can. I understand the parkinsons may make it hard, but the faster you get it in the better. Either that, or enter from the side and take is VERY slow until basically you get the blood rushing into the needle. Either way works. BE CAREFUL. When youre messing with veins which arent your typical hit it can be difficult.

now considering your condition. i would agree that finding a new ROA would be the best way to go. I am giving this advice because I feel that people are going to do what theyre going to do, and if I can help I will. i hope this did help.

What’s this “flicking” method? Never heard of it.

-GC

So I’ve been using heroin since 2011 haven’t missed a day really, I know terrible...to make it worse It’s evolved into goofballs since 2015. Now the real dilemma is that I’m 33 and I’ve got Parkinson’s disease, which makes this hobby of mine next to impossible. I try and take as best care as I can and avoid “misses” like the plague but they do happen, I average about 1 in every 15 and I’m lucky if i get all off it. I had a roommate until last month who would get my inner arm midway to about 3 inches before my armpit and he’d get it 90% of the time. I know the obvious answer is to try another way but anyone who’s done goofballs knows it’s damn hard to go another route plus smoking “white” isn’t my get down 🤮 so my question is any suggestions on good sites? I’ve killed my crook, hands and arms are usually not my friend and I try my legs with a flashlight but I swear it’s like there rite there I see them but no go, there dark as hell and I’m not sure if I’m to shallow or what. Oh also I use 29 longs and a new one every time. Sorry for the lengthy post but figured I’d give it a try maybe someone has a suggestion or 2 anywho thanks.
I've never done H by injecting. I was actually coming to research how to cause I wanted to try it, but want to safely. (As safe as possible given what Im doing...) So any advice about that, I'll greatly accept. I've been using meth that way & I cant use my arms because my veins are small & roll & very hard to hit. I use the tops of my upper legs & hips. If a vein is very dark its close to the surface, so you want a short needle. (The long ones work best on deeper veins you can feel but dont show with the flashlight.) I angle it so it's shallow, first and then try it a little deeper, so you dont go too deep & go through it. Most larger dark veins (with flash light) on me anyway- a 45° angle usually works. And I'm by no means a master, but Im difficult to hit and can usually get it on 1st or 2nd try that way. Ive only been shooting about 2 yrs & on my own about 15 mon. The main thing is stay calm, if youre agitated or in a hurry it won't work. And stay hydrated. No reason to make the target smaller & more difficult to hit. I hope that helps you some. Another way would probably be easier, but we are all grown & we all have choices & til you're ready to say this ain't for you, you should have the say. Being told I shouldn't do something just had the opposite of the intended effect on my choice, even phrased sweetly. Lol

I got a problem years ago I blew out the crocks of my arms and my hands-on hydromorphone. From time to time I inject dexamphetamine, I can do one hit on what's left of my right crock but it's 5mls. I can fine any veins on my forearm and when I do I get the most terrible bruising and I go forever looking and end up with an arm you have to hide for weeks. Are those are those blue lights any good.

Shive